Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and need your expertise and comments regarding a potential purchase. In 04 I purchased a TL when it was introduced and drove for a couple of years without any issues. As a number of years have passed and the vehicle is approaching 10 years, I was hoping to get sound advice and guidance from the forum on what to be concerned with on an 04 TL with 130k. In reading through some of the threads it appears as though the Honda accord V-6 tranny issues have followed the big brother. I am considering Honda and Nissan Altima or Maxima as well. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Asking price is $7,500.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had two TL's a 2004 and 2005. I think I'll be swearing off them since I jsut spent 4K on the 2005 tranny. yeah I thought the issue was settled after 2004 but apparently not. 100k miles and the tranny is smoked. Not happy at all so would not recommend this car any longer

unless you want to buy mine after I replaced the tranny !

·
Registered
16 Posts
ask about the service history on the car and how well it was maintained - i have an 04 TL that i bought with 132k on it from the acura dealership that i work at and the previous owner kept up with maintenance the entire time he owned it and i have had any issue's with it at all...i love it... make sure the oil and trans fluid looks good and there no oil/tranny fluid leaks , make sure the timing belt water pump and spark plugs have been replaced, check the front and side motor mounts(the tend to go bad around this milage) make sure all the lights work(HID component's are very pricey), make sure there is no noise,smoke,shifting problems or torque converter shutter(common problem), and of corse the obvious things to look for(tires brakes vibrations warning lights etc) if all checks out u will have a good reliable car and would say pick it up especially for that price

1 - 3 of 3 Posts