·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
hey the CL did pretty good!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't believe the CLK got a -94! Is the whole Chrysler image rubbing off on Mercedes?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Driven said:
I can't believe the CLK got a -94! Is the whole Chrysler image rubbing off on Mercedes?

I went to go buy one the day i bought my CL-S. Actually, I had no intention of even going to the Acura dealership. Drove a CLK and it was squuekijn like crazy and the power seats didn't work. But, man, it looked saweeeeeeeeeet!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
bmw owner on cl board

If you have a 540 6sp, why are you on the CL board ? . I'm here as i'm thinking about trading in my
2000 528 5sp, too many maintence issue (in shop too too often), even though all is free for 3 years.Had two early Legend 5sp Coupes. may want another one now CL 6sp.Just looking for your prospective. Not being critical

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: bmw owner on cl board

Jay Gans said:
If you have a 540 6sp, why are you on the CL board ? . I'm here as i'm thinking about trading in my
2000 528 5sp, too many maintence issue (in shop too too often), even though all is free for 3 years.Had two early Legend 5sp Coupes. may want another one now CL 6sp.Just looking for your prospective. Not being critical
I like to hang around and show interest in other cars. I'm not one of those "If its not BMW, I don't wanna talk about it" type of guys.:beerchug:

Compared to Acura's, I'll admit, BMWs do have more maintenance issues, but I love my car for the performance and the 'sleeper' qualities.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Predicted reliability? What the heck is that? How can they predict reliability? How about Predicted Stock Market reports?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Scorpius said:
Predicted reliability? What the heck is that? How can they predict reliability? How about Predicted Stock Market reports?
:rolleyes:

Another enlightening post by Scorpenis. I'll give you credit for not mentioning the Buick Century though.

Why can't you predict reliability based on past performance of the manufacturer and perhaps the initial quality studies? Granted, initial quality is a measure of defects rather than reliability but doesn't it stand to reason that if you can't get initial quality right then you're probably not going to be able to nail the reliability either?

Oh, and about the stock market... you can't predict that either? I seem to recall the "experts" saying about a year ago that the stock market would be pretty volatile for awhile.... going up and down. What's been happening over the last year? Oh yeah... that's right... it's been sort of volatile.

·
Registered
463 Posts
GoldTypeS said:

:rolleyes:

Another enlightening post by Scorpenis. I'll give you credit for not mentioning the Buick Century though.

Why can't you predict reliability based on past performance of the manufacturer and perhaps the initial quality studies? Granted, initial quality is a measure of defects rather than reliability but doesn't it stand to reason that if you can't get initial quality right then you're probably not going to be able to nail the reliability either?

Oh, and about the stock market... you can't predict that either? I seem to recall the "experts" saying about a year ago that the stock market would be pretty volatile for awhile.... going up and down. What's been happening over the last year? Oh yeah... that's right... it's been sort of volatile.
scorpenis has a point....I'm not sure how to take the "reliability" rating...I've my tranny replaced...I'd say that was pretty unreliable. it is just too ambiguous of a factor to track. take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
ShockBoltThrower said:

scorpenis has a point....I'm not sure how to take the "reliability" rating...I've my tranny replaced...I'd say that was pretty unreliable. it is just too ambiguous of a factor to track. take it with a grain of salt.
I disagree. I'd say your tranny was unreliable. But does that make the whole car unreliable?? The tranny is a major component to fail, and that certainly lowers the overall reliability, but I think the point of the rating is that "overall" the CL is quite a bit more reliable than a CLK. I personally believe that to be true. But I've only had 3 minor glitches with my car in 31k miles and one of them was definitely my fault. I'm sure there are people out there with CLK's that are flawless, and there are some lemon CL's out there. But overall....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts