Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning I have a 06 Tl and i replaced the waterpump,timing belt radiator ,fans ,thermostat,coolant sensor,relays, fuses purge out the air and i have no engine lights on but my fans wont come and the temp gage goes have way no furtheri know it overheats cause i'll lift the hood and see coolant stains i am truly lost here HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
29 Posts
What KM said. Turn the engine on and run until it heats up (turn heater to Max with blower on high). Squeeze the radiator hose some to help push the coolant in/out of the engine/radiator. Turn off and let cool down some and top off radiator (and fill to midpoint on overflow tank). Drive around some, let it cool down and fill radiator again. You may have to do this a couple of times but the air will eventually be purged from the system. Btw, did you replace the radiator hoses and/or heater hoses at the same time? Just a standard maintenance item given what repair you just finished (or perhaps you replaced them at an earlier time(?).

·
Registered
103 Posts
good morning I have a 06 Tl and i replaced the waterpump,timing belt radiator ,fans ,thermostat,coolant sensor,relays, fuses purge out the air and i have no engine lights on but my fans wont come and the temp gage goes have way no furtheri know it overheats cause i'll lift the hood and see coolant stains i am truly lost here HELP PLEASE
There is a small bleeder valve on the top of the engine that is used to bleed the air out of the engine. If you can't find that, as others have said, you can generally get the give to bleed out trapped air by warming it up with the radiator cap left off.

I am concerned though that you say the engine fans do not come on. Check your work. I think either the engine temp sensor wire is broken or disconnected, or you have a broken or incorrectly seated connector for the fan motors.

Overheating the engine will severely damage it, so fix this before you drive it.

Astrobuf

·
Registered
1 Posts
hii are you speaking about you replaced the waterpump,timing belt radiator ,fans ,thermostat,coolant sensor,relays, fuses purge out the air and i have no engine lights .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts