Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently work at an animal shelter. During my lunch break i left to run errands around town. About 20 minutes after returning back to work i noticed a large wet spot under my car as i was walking dogs. I finally got down and touched it to try and find out what it was. To me it felt like oil, but had no smell. Several hours later i went to head home. On my way i stopped to meet someone to sell something. Upon returing to my (running) car i saw my tempature gauge was on hot. Called my bf and explained what was up. I was informed to get to the nearest auto parts store and buy some coolant. That idiot guy didnt help anything and directed me to wait 20 minutes for the engine to cool then head home. Not even 2 minutes into hitting the road again, my temp gauge shot to hot again. I was about 2 miles from my house when i lost all functioning of my car. I drive a 5 speed, btw. Lost my breaks, power steering, clutch and gas (pedal). As a female i dont know to much about cars. My mom was the one to find that there was no coolant flow to my radiator. Upon inspection, i have a coolant leak somewhere at the under part of my engine. I have a picture of where its coming from, but i dont know what exactly it is that ill need to replace. Im told it could be the water pump. I need major help with this one! Sorry this is so long!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Post the pic, and I'll be glad to give you some info.

Now obviously I wouldn't run the car until the issue is fixed, but I have a couple questions:

1. Will the car start now?

2. What was the outside temperature when the car started to overheat, and how long had you been driving when it overheated the second time?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.