Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have asked this already; so i am sorry if its already been asked as i guess i did not see the answer to this; but what is the suggesstion out there for when i should have the cooling system flushed and or the cooling system hoses replaced and the coolant replaced? I have between 44-45000 miles and it has not been changed yet. Any info out there would be great. Oh yes; the vehicle is a 2011 RDX 2wd. Thanks Matt

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
The coolant change interval will be a part of your Maintenance Minder system. Never have to worry about it until the code comes up :)

As far as hose changes, well, I've seen 15 year old Acuras with the original hoses. Since today's coolant is made with distilled water as a premix, the hoses don't really deteriorate much at all. The deterioration in previous model years was caused by electrolysis with the minerals that exist in standard ground water.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya know about the maintenance minder system; but do you know approx. and generally at what mileage point the coolant, etc should be changed? I just would like to know so I have a general idea of when to expect that service to come up? Or does it really depend more on driving habits like the oil life does? And as for the hoses; I think they will need changing sooner than later around here where i live in AZ because of the intense summer heat and the low humidity most of the year(except during monsoons) which can cause hoses to start to dry rot and crack. Thanks Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
usually right around when your timing belt/spark plugs are due(100k miles or so) because i usually see something like "b145 service due soon" or something along that nature

·
Registered
1 Posts
HVAC is important in the design of medium to large industrial and office buildings such as skyscrapers and in marine environments such as aquariums, where safe and healthy building conditions are regulated with respect to temperature and humidity, using fresh air from outdoors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts