Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think a body shop would charge to remove the spoiler. They'd have to fill 4 small holes, paint, and reconnect the inside 3rd brake light. Any guesses? If its cheap enough, I might take mine with me and give the dealer one less thing to screw me on.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Based on a similar repair when a minivan careemed into me and scratched my trunk in my 3.0 CL-P, I'd say about $150-200. The major cost being the repainting necessary.

You sure about the 4 small holes? I thought you could add a Spoiler relatively easily?

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
autoxCLS said:
Based on a similar repair when a minivan careemed into me and scratched my trunk in my 3.0 CL-P, I'd say about $150-200. The major cost being the repainting necessary.

You sure about the 4 small holes? I thought you could add a Spoiler relatively easily?
Well if you lift the lid there's 2 nuts under each attachment. I assume they drilled 2 holes under each side and ran bolts through. Also, the power to the brake light LED has to get there somehow. There may even be another hole for that.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
They can use a fiberglass filler on the holes and just do a small paint job. My estimate would be approx. $200

·
Registered
619 Posts
Oh man... $200 dollars if you have someone ghetto do it. You're looking at $700+ bucks at most normal shops.

remove spoiler
remove emblems
fill/sand holes
repaint ENTIRE trunk lid
attach new emblems (note: new)

Don't have anyone paint around or tape off... it looks awful.

Just my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts