Acura World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME MY CAR IS TRYING TO START BUT NOT TURNING OVER THE 3 ignition coils in the front i think are bad so i took some off a 1999 acura and one in left back was bad i changed the bad ones and still didnt get a start up some one help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
...and the Integra coils fit? Did they have the same number of wires?

Did you try starting it in neutral? And is the fuel pump priming?

(PS- coils almost never fail in sets. I've never seen it happen myself)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine said 207A the others idk ill check but the coils off a 1999 acura i though i can use the same ones for a 2001 there go the youtube link of me trya start the car so you can see was happening youtu.be/S9CinrRJ4nA[/url]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...and the Integra coils fit? Did they have the same number of wires?

Did you try starting it in neutral? And is the fuel pump priming?

(PS- coils almost never fail in sets. I've never seen it happen myself)
how do i know if the fuel pump is priming and ill try to start in N right now

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Turn the key to the "on" position and listen for the "bzzzzt" noise coming from the back of the car.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Okay, so your fuel pump is priming. Next, see if you're getting spark.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Pull one of the plugs, plug it back into the coil, and ground the body or tip of the plug to the engine block, then crank the engine to see if you get the plug to spark. If the plug's wet from fuel, let it dry first before doing so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pull one of the plugs, plug it back into the coil, and ground the body or tip of the plug to the engine block, then crank the engine to see if you get the plug to spark. If the plug's wet from fuel, let it dry first before doing so.
ok i will when i get another person ill keep you updated and lf my plugs have gas on them i get no spark???

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
One does not necessarily mean the other. But if you have spark and there's fuel on the plug, it may ignite....which is why you want the plug to dry out as a safety precaution.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just took my main relay out to take a look at it do you want ppics it dont look like anything wrong with it......and i tryed starting my car agin it sounds like it catches for 2 secs there gives up(not saying it started or nothing)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One does not necessarily mean the other. But if you have spark and there's fuel on the plug, it may ignite....which is why you want the plug to dry out as a safety precaution.
this is what happen when i got the car started........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Qmnn4UIkE ..........i drove it around the bad idle had seem to stop i got home turn the car off it snowed and i tried to start the car it would not start agin......... the car is trying to stay on but the RPm do not go high enough for the car to turn over like when i turn the key its stuck at one spot then when i let go it fails

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Check your coolant level. If you have low coolant, it will cause the coolant temp sensor not to read and cause a choppy idle just like in the video.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts