Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have most of my stuff together and in the process of making templates for spacers behind the woofers in the front doors. Looks like I'll need 1" total behind each one.

Now I'm trying to figure out where to put the X-overs. These are networks for JL XR650CS which are pretty good size. The only place I think will work is in the lower rear corner of the door where there is a fairly large hole in the sheet metal. To do this I'll have to remove a black plastic baffle type thing that's atttached to the door panel, and then fabricate some metal brackets to mount it to.

Anyone have any idea as to the purpose of the black baffle and if it is safe to remove(only held on with two screws)?

Also, Is it Ok to discard the plastic sheet covering the door, due to the fact that the entire panel will be covered with Cascade V-Bolck?

Am I on the right track here or is there another place to mount the X-over that I'm missing?

This is what I have together so far:

JL XR650-CS front
Polk DX-6 rear
Earthquake Tnt-900(65wRMSx4, 200wRMSx1)
two 2ch PAC loc.
Tsunami double shield cable
Cascade V-block front & rear doors
Cascade DEFLEX powerpads (front)

Thanks,
Iggy

--------------------------------------------------
2002 WDP TL-S w/nav
OEM body kit, rear spoiler, fog mod,
9006ST fogs, 3A exhaust tips.......Stereo in progress

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Iggy:
Yeah that's a tough one Iggy. I'll be placing mine all in the trunk...so I won't have to worry about this. I guess it depends on how much work you're willing to do. What you suggested sounds fine. You could also fill in or refabricate the door panel around the map holder if you want it visible. If I know the piece you are talking about you should be OK to remove it...I believe it's for support. But a picture of what you're talking about would be nice just so I'm sure.

Austin519

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Austin,
I decided to take it out. This is before and after:

check out this for the finished door:JL install

I still have a lot of work to do but it's coming along

Iggy

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Iggy:
Great work dude...I'm proud of ya. I can't post over on A-TL...they'll ban me as soon as I do :D. But that looks good!

Austin519

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Iggy:
Bad ass man! :D

Austin519

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.