Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Damn! Got Whacked In A Parking Lot!

I came out of a store and found that someone had hit my bumper right on the back right corner and have pushed it in and scuffed it all up.

I figure I can polish the scuff marks out. What's the best thing to use to rub out the scuff from the plastic bumper?

The dent and bubble look a bit more serious. Is there anyway to pull that out as a DIY? Or am I looking to a trip to the body shop?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Dude, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear about it. Something that bad will require a visit to a body shop to get it looking like new again.

Sure you can try homemade repair work, but it won't look new. You can try and punch out the dent from the inside out. You can use sandpaper, body filler, paint, rubbing compound, and polishing compound, but the results won't be professional. Take it to a shop.

·
Can you hear me now
593 Posts
Ouch that hurts to look at.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You can definitely remove the scuff marks. I've had a lot of experience from other people doing this to my car. The best stuff to use is a mild paint remove like Langka, but this stuff is ultra expensive. It removes the foreign paint without doing any damage to your paint/clearcoat. A lil' bit of rubbing alcohol with lots of elbow grease works too. If you become desperate, then use polishing compound.

I'm just advising that you go to a body shop cause you said you got a dent too. I can't really tell from your photo how bad it is, but if there's a dent, you need to take it to get fixed or your baby won't look pretty anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.