Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my tires put on - Goodyear Eagle LS 225/60-16

THe back left (only :confused: ) is fuggin rubbing when i go over dips and make sharp/quick right turns :(

What's rubbing? Is it harmful?
That's the only side i hear it coming from...

Should I:

*leave em
*see if i can trade the guy back and buy a diff. size from him (i.e. 215/60 or 205/60
*get two smaller ones for just the back and leave the front?

thanks

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
fahoumh said:
you should have gotten a 55-series tire....that might be your problem

stock tires are Michelin MXV4 Plus in 205/60/16
Yeah, your tires are taller now. There are sites out there at will calculate them for you, or even the tire store. Take them back, and exchange all of them. They should do it.
If not, it's probably that little plastic tab in the rear wheel well you need to trim. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SimTypeS said:

Yeah, your tires are taller now. There are sites out there at will calculate them for you, or even the tire store. Take them back, and exchange all of them. They should do it.
If not, it's probably that little plastic tab in the rear wheel well you need to trim. Good luck.
Well I bought them used - and I didn't wanna drive all the way out to spencerport again and pay to have tires remounteda gain :(

Where is this tab you speak of? It won't hurt anything then with them rubbing will it????

The front is fine, they dont rub - the back is only the left side, over certain dips and bumps....

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
TommyBoiSxty9 said:

Well I bought them used - and I didn't wanna drive all the way out to spencerport again and pay to have tires remounteda gain :(

Where is this tab you speak of? It won't hurt anything then with them rubbing will it????

The front is fine, they dont rub - the back is only the left side, over certain dips and bumps....
The tab is the same one that people need to trim if they get new wheels with bad offsets, probably. Say you are looking at the driver's side rear wheel. Follow the fender around the wheel (starting at the front part of the rear wheel well) and right where the metal of the car meets the plastic rear bumper, look there. The metal part has like a 1 inch trim inside the wheel well. The plastic part has a piece that sits flush with it, then it decreases as you follow it back (towards the rear of the wheel well), and then it goes back out to the same 1 inch trim as the metal did. That plastic part that is next to the metal trim is the part that needs trimming. It is only 2-3 inches long, and does not hurt your car at all, and nobody will know you've done it. With a Dremel, takes less than 5 minutes. There's a nice post about doing this on the "other site".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.