Acura World banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yuuichi said:
I can't believe they used a rope! Sure was a tough rope. I think a chain is safer. :wired: hehe, isn't that embarrassing?? Having your friend in a IS300 towing a brand new M3? :lol:
It's funny, because alot of the 3er owners diss on the is300 for being a wannabe bmw.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
hhahaa......... that's a funny scene

but yeah, there have been a lot of blown m3 engines...... i guess it's comparable to our trannies

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
The M3 engine 'blowing up' issue was resolved. I believe that if the car was made prior to 11/01 w/ the M Engine, it would be prone to having problems.

And yes, that very damn funny about the IS300 towing the M3! hahha.

IS300 = 1
M3 = 0

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
yes, there was an issue with the m3 engine but all of them are being taken care of by warranties. the sept. oct. nov. build cars used a different part causing engine failure, it has been identified and the fix is on the way. Bmw is nonetheless a great car.

LIL Raja

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
any info on what specifically and how they went wrong?

when it's blown, they have to replace the whole engine or rebuild it?

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
WTF? That pic is sooo full of shit, its just a joke i bet. I mean there is no way that rope can haul a car over 3000lbs!!!!

Its just a lexus joke saying the m3 is junk i bet. soooo i think its :bs: :bs:

·
Token Lexus Guy
1,474 Posts
Gotta love that Lexus quality, it tows BMWs too, lol!;)

Is this real or fake? Funny either way.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Crazy Bimmer said:
WTF? That pic is sooo full of shit, its just a joke i bet. I mean there is no way that rope can haul a car over 3000lbs!!!!

shut up your bimmer troll :rolleyes: of course its a joke. the is300 doesnt have enough torque to pull the m3!! (waiting for the dotNet flames)

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
from s0ybomb from is300.net :

SoyBomb40: Tell those stupid bastards that a rope can EASILY haul a car. We use rock climbing gear that is tested at high force and high weight/stress. It can handle a shitlaod of shock too, if its made from spectra.
SoyBomb40: its obviously fake, but doable none the less.

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
Crazy Bimmer said:

i dunno whether it's a joke or not, but i can tell you that the ropes we use in our profession are roughly that size and rated about that weight from a dead hang.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
i don't know. but it looks more like a hoax. Why would a bmw be towed by a lexus. The owner has free roadside assistance. So it obviously makes no sense unless those guys have nothing better to do than tow a car to another parking lot for no reason. I would have called bmw roadside assistance...

LIL raja

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Crazy Bimmer said:

Actually it's quite doable. When My brother wrecked his GTP it was in the middle of a busy road, so I had to tie a rope(only thing my friend had) to my tl-s and pull it to the side so the rush hour traffic can go by. See there is this thing called neutrel gear that let's the car roll even when the car can't run...;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.