Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my 2018 Acura RDX, 58k mileage Into a new dealer today. They recommended that I change the PCV at 60k and flush the brake fluid every 36k miles. Seems a bit excessive and my Acura itself didn’t generate a code showing me that this is recommended. Thoughts? Am I too paranoid or do folks think this is reasonable ? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds a little heavy to me - I don't think I've ever had to replace a PCV valve, and the fluid flush sounds like a moneymaker for them. I'd recommend looking at your owner's manual and see what the FACTORY-recommended repairs are, and have them stick with that unless they can demonstrate an actual problem that their extra work is intending to solve. This is not automatically an indictment of the dealer, but too many of them suggest work that is not called for in the maintenance schedule. I figure if Honda/Acura calls for the service, it is for an actual reason. I had one Acura dealer give me an unsolicited bid for $6000 (!) worth of 'service' on my 2000 TL that had over 130k miles on it (he wanted to replace the steering rack because a seal was "leaking" - ditto with the crankshaft main seal, and my garage floor was spotless - ZERO drips from anywhere on the car. his estimate was about what the car was worth at the time. Last time I ever set foot at that dealer, and apparently the same for a lot of his other customers, since he is no longer an Acura dealer. Acura asked the other dealer in town to take it over, and he did!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts