Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I was planning to do several things to my car:

1) Paint my Y-Pipe black
2) Paint my brakes black
3) Paint my engine cover red
4) Dawn, Claybar, Dawn, then put 2-3 coats of Z2
5) 303 the interior
6) De-badge my trunk

...not in that specific order, mind you.

only 6 and part of 4 got done

I didn't get 1 or 2 done simply b/c of poor planning on my part and lots of bad luck

3 and 5 didn't get done b/c of time constraints.

The things that went wrong this weekend:

1) I left late
2) Both moe182 and I forgot lots of small items so we put off all our work to saturday
3) the lady we were waiting for at the office to return her keys to so we could get started was late 2 hours b/c she slept in
4) The valve on the outside broke just after hosing down our cars, so we had to wait another hour for the plumber to show up
5) I dropped the claybar when I was done about half my car and we still hadn't gotten to Moe's car :bigcry:
6) Z2 took longer to cure than advertised (almost instantaneously MY ASS!)...even after almost 2 hours it still wasn't fully cured

Luckily though, I did remember my camera and I will post the pics tonight.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Jeez dude - don't sweat it. 4 ALONE is almost a whole day project!!!

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
fahoumh:
"6) Z2 took longer to cure than advertised (almost instantaneously MY ASS!)...even after almost 2 hours it still wasn't fully cured "

You sure dude? It dries pretty quickly...assuming you put it on pretty thin...and it's not like pouring down rain outside...but it does take about 24 hours between coats...that's how long you're supposed to wait...or at least it's preferred...I never wait more than an hour :D

Austin519

·
Transform and roll out
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Austin519 said:
fahoumh:
"6) Z2 took longer to cure than advertised (almost instantaneously MY ASS!)...even after almost 2 hours it still wasn't fully cured "

You sure dude? It dries pretty quickly...assuming you put it on pretty thin...and it's not like pouring down rain outside...but it does take about 24 hours between coats...that's how long you're supposed to wait...or at least it's preferred...I never wait more than an hour :D

Austin519
Oh I'm sure....you can even ask my cousin and he'll tell you the same thing. Funny thing is I followed the directions exactly. But maybe you're right, we may have layed on the Z2 a little thick.:dunno:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
fahoumh said:
Oh I'm sure....you can even ask my cousin and he'll tell you the same thing. Funny thing is I followed the directions exactly. But maybe you're right, we may have layed on the Z2 a little thick.:dunno:
oh yeah i was wondering about that too. i used z5 this weekend, and believe it or not, 15 mins after i coated my whole car the area i first polished already hazed, and i was able to start buffing already. i believe z2 takes a bit longer to haze but i have never waited for more than 1 to 2 hrs

and yes, you should probably wait 24 hrs before your second coating :)

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
rominl:
Good to hear bud :D Let's see!

fahoumh:
That's weird dude...at most it's taken maybe 1.5 hours with me...and it was SO wet outside I shouldn'tve been doing it anyway :).

Austin519

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.