Acura World banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GOT RICE?
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone explain the steps to me and the process?

1. dawn
2. clay bar
3. 3M scratch remover
4. wax

does that sound rihgt?

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
TunerTL-S said:

1. dawn
2. clay bar
3. 3M scratch remover
4. wax

does that sound rihgt?
umm... i always go with zaino and if you want a good detailing:

1 dawn
2 clay
3 3m whatever remover (imperial hand glaze?)
4 dawn again
5 z5
6 z2

you don't wanna wax on top of 3m, coz' i believe it's greesy and zaino doesn't bond well on it

·
Registered
619 Posts
TunerTL-S said:

1. dawn

dawn has a high alkaline content which strips grease, tar, wax, polish and almost everything else but the paint.

2. clay bar

clay bar removes grime and dirt from your paint. It's also what
gives your car a truely smooth feeling. It will also remove stubborn
tar, grease and overspray. wash again though.

3. 3M scratch remover

Basically any abrasive cleaner, for removing small scratches, some orange peel effect and swirls. Lots of cars can skip this
process. Dark colors need this more than others.

4. wax

Final shine and a layer of protection from elements. Wax tends to
wear out fast compared to good polishes. Zaino shines as well as
wax but lasts much longer.

does that sound rihgt?

·
Registered
113 Posts
If your car is less than a year old and you have been washing and waxing it regularly, than you do not have to clay it. Only time you need to clay your car is after you wash your vehcile, use the back of your hand to "feel" the paint. Do you feel little tiny bumps all over it? If so, try a good wax and that will usually remove it. If waxing it did not work, then do the clay bar.

·
Transform and roll out
5,506 Posts
AcuraTL said:
If your car is less than a year old and you have been washing and waxing it regularly, than you do not have to clay it. Only time you need to clay your car is after you wash your vehcile, use the back of your hand to "feel" the paint. Do you feel little tiny bumps all over it? If so, try a good wax and that will usually remove it. If waxing it did not work, then do the clay bar.
well, what about those of us who live in areas where the city uses a lot of salt and sand on the roads during the winter months? I doubt our paint would stay as smooth as yours since you live in Cali

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
fahoumh said:
well, what about those of us who live in areas where the city uses a lot of salt and sand on the roads during the winter months? I doubt our paint would stay as smooth as yours since you live in Cali
in that case i would definitely dawn and clay bar my car twice a yr. once before winter to make a new protective layer and once right after winter to get rid of any residue

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Zaino users!

I never had this problem ever with Zaino, but this past weekend I zaino'd. I did all the steps including dawn, clay, dawn, etc... and after a day my car is all dusty. I use that California duster then shine is back, but it gets all dusty again. Can it be weather or what?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
evolaerok said:
Zaino users!

I never had this problem ever with Zaino, but this past weekend I zaino'd. I did all the steps including dawn, clay, dawn, etc... and after a day my car is all dusty. I use that California duster then shine is back, but it gets all dusty again. Can it be weather or what?
dusty?? umm..... did you try to see what kind of dusts they are? are they

1) the powder coming off from the hazed wax, or
2) texture from the cloth you used to buff the car?

i tend to see those when i use too small of a towel or the towel is of bad quality. other than that it's ok.. i mean, you buff the wax off, when buffing, assuming that the humidity is not high, you actually create quite a bit of static on the body, and that attracks quite a bit of dust. but usually the next day or two it will be fine. that's what i experience

·
Transform and roll out
5,506 Posts
evolaerok said:
Zaino users!

are you using Z6?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you sure it's not pollen? I washed my car the other day and within 10 minutes there was yellowish pollen starting to cover my car already. I know it's pollen on my car because my allergies told me so!!

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
BJsTLS said:
Are you sure it's not pollen? I washed my car the other day and within 10 minutes there was yellowish pollen starting to cover my car already. I know it's pollen on my car because my allergies told me so!!
haha it's spring time so it's very possible

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.