Acura World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished doing my timing belt this weekend. I got my parts as a kit from Rockauto.com. (gasp!). A Dayco kit that included the timing belt, Water pump, tensioner, and the cam and crank seals. Nice kit for around 120.00. The seals were really not needed, but I changed the crank seal just for grins. I also changed the Water pump bypass hose,which is a 3" length of heater hose. It looks to be about 14 millimeter, but since heater hose comes in 1/2" and 5/8", I opted for the 1/2" and used a little silicon grease to ease the hose on. Snug fit, but It'll work. This is the hose that goes from the bottom of the water pump to a metal pipe. Where it goes after that, I do not know. The other parts I changed while apart are the upper and lower radiator hoses that I sourced locally at O'Reilly Auto parts (gates hoses) and some generic green coolant.
I also changed out the Rack and Pinion bellows while the car was in the air. This required dropping the cross brace under the RP. Pretty easy with Air Tools. My boots were rotted after 20 years and 142K miles. I'm hoping to keep this car on the road for another 5 plus years, and it will soon be donated to my college aged kids. I have moved onto a BMW 3 series with 3 pedals and am loving it. But I still have a soft spot in my heart for the Legend.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts