Acura World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know about them?

Christian, did you ever get it to work? I know you were messing with it a while back but i don tknow if you ever got it to function correctly.

And if you got it to work, did you use the DIS4 in wasted spark or went with a DIS-2 and DIS-4 box

MSD ignition amplifiers/alterers

·
Registered
35 Posts
hks DLI. it should work without any of the brdging and things you need to do with the MSD. and they use it on all those high horsepower supras and such.

·
Registered
110 Posts
if ur plannin on using a seperate ignition box wouldn't you then need to run plug wires from a set of coils? and honestly, I dunno if an MSD would be a major upgrade, those coil over plug systems are already fairly efficient and high voltage

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i have not heard anything on HKS' DLI Twin Spark thing. and they've stopped producing it. when i was lookin around for a solution, it came up but there were no feedback comments on it.

Problem with our DIS system is that over a certain amount of power, you loose the efficiency because of the short duration of the Coil On PLug design.

I found a bunch of stuff...like Motec, EFI Technology, and a few others but it looks like they are for use on only advanced standalone systems...so that leaves AEM out. however in the same breath, AEM actually sells one, and it's got more channels than the MSD but im skeptical :paranoid: .

·
Registered
147 Posts
B&O Legend said:
well i have not heard anything on HKS' DLI Twin Spark thing. and they've stopped producing it. when i was lookin around for a solution, it came up but there were no feedback comments on it.

Problem with our DIS system is that over a certain amount of power, you loose the efficiency because of the short duration of the Coil On PLug design.

I found a bunch of stuff...like Motec, EFI Technology, and a few others but it looks like they are for use on only advanced standalone systems...so that leaves AEM out. however in the same breath, AEM actually sells one, and it's got more channels than the MSD but im skeptical :paranoid: .

God! i wrote so much about this on the old forum it burns me no to have it here.
Bottom line, i had to use both DIS 2+4 wired together, and it never worked out for me, i kept having problems(8months) i toasted plugs and i had more problems than not. the only person that would benefit from the DIS is Legend 4life since he has the stand alone engine system. The Legends ECU did not like what the MSD's was tring to do with timing . I han no improvement in regards to the increase spark. I was way more novice on these things back then, however i i knew enough to not recomend it since its still $800+ for the setup. PJlegend had the HKS he said it was easy to install, as for gains its proably minimal. You really need to open up the engine with airflow before the LEgend needs more spark. i may try the MSD stacker 8 channel for myself.

~TRu Hybrid

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Dv8 said:
God! i wrote so much about this on the old forum it burns me no to have it here.
You really need to open up the engine with airflow before the LEgend needs more spark.

~TRu Hybrid

hence me askin here:);) not looking for Ignitino mods for gains...lookin for it out of necessity.

I saw the 8 stacker but im not sold on it just yet. With the AEM you can adjust spark duration, since Imran chose to go AEM they sell something for him anyway. he has a back up. i didn't go AEM so that's why im asking:) but their C2DI is really interesting. 8 channel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.