Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this is the 4th time this car gets broken into. You'd think by now the gf would put in at least a cheap alarm in it. Anyways, on the previous attempts I've learned how easy it is to pop off the plastic casing on the steering wheel and use a flat head screwdriver to turn it on. Anyways, I haven't seen the car myself, I'll be visiting this weekend, but she sent me pics and I think I know what she may need. On to the images...

Am I correct to suspect that she'll need the entire steering column from the following diagram?

If so, how much is it going to suck replacing that bad boy. [strike]She doesn't have an image looking into where the steering wheel would insert back into[/strike], but it looks like that rod, somehow, is simply broken off. I am hoping I am wrong. I mean, it doesn't seem like something that would just break like that.

EDIT: Now that I have images and I am here with the car, it looks more and more like it is broken. Aligning the wheel back on doesn't do much, there's nothing to engage or lock to turn it. I had to use some damn pliers to get it to turn. millimeter by millimeter haha. Of course, while the car was on, otherwise it would have been impossible without power steering.

·
Integra Mod/2nd Gen Guru
4,747 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally got around to look at this thing. The vehicle isn't being driven obviously. I'm going to a Honda dealer on Monday and bring in the broken part. We'll see if I need the entire assembly, or if there's a way to just get that part or the upper portion of the assembly. Here are some pics...

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
Wow that sucks. It might be possible to get that part aftermarket if honda won't provide it individually

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow that sucks. It might be possible to get that part aftermarket if honda won't provide it individually
Sure does. It is beyond me how it even broke. It looks like it was twisted broken, because you can see in the prior images that the broken part sits inside the other part. I only say I am going to a Honda dealer because the Acura dealer is a 35 min drive, while Honda is 3 min. Literally down the street. It is my understanding that this Integra is pretty much the same as Civic (96-00)

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
you are correct, a honda dealership should be able to get the same part if it is available. It'll be the previous gen civic though. 92-95

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.