Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting my windows tinted and am not really sure about the NJ tint laws/rules. I think that it is legal to tint the rear window and the back door windows with any tint but what about the driver and passenger(front) doors? It is just illegal to tint the front windows in NJ or is there a maximum % that you can get on the front windows (like 25%).?? If anyone knows, please, do tell! Am I correct in my original assumption that it is illegal to tint the front windows?

I know I could probably tint the front and not get hasseled, but I don't seem to have the best luck with cops and don't want to push it!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
yes, youre right. no tint on the front. depending where you live, you can put the tint on the front...cross your fingers and just in case, have a PBA card handy :D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Where in NJ are you? I live in Morris county. I don't know what the tinting laws are in NJ but I have 20% tints all around. Everytime I see a cop ahead, I always roll down my front 2 windows just to be on the safe side.:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you want the law...

Go the NJ dept. of motor vehicles webpage. No tinting on windshield or front side windows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
WINDOW TINT STATUE NUMBER

Hey does anyone Know a website where i can get the NJ statue Number for window tint..... i have tint in the rear of my car and got a ticket in NY, Now i have to go to court for it, so i need the nj statue code for window tint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.