Acura World banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
not me...once I'm done with the retrofit I will...and another project...that will take me a while since it will require a lot of cash lol. but no Dv8...not yet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I should be be diving into a few decent upgrades this spring, once i graduate. I'm also looking at getting some dyno tuning done at a shop in state college. I'll keep everyone posted. The Legend should soon be coming together the way I've always invisioned.

·
Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma
406 Posts
I have a upper plenum trace-out on paper. Somebody could use this for a possible change in the roof of the intake manifold. Eaton supercharger mount? Anybody want a copy for R&D? I would like to import it into a CAD program for possible development.

I went as far as measuring the bolt holes with a digital micrometer (there are a few different sizes).

·
Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma
406 Posts
Swift said:
do you have to ask..?

Scan it and email it to me. I am sure a few others would be interested as well.

Mikey851(mikey)....on A-l.com will.
It won't be the correct size if I scan it and email it. This is like a blueprint, it has to be the exact size to be useful.

·
Blackend Legend OG
226 Posts
Mike Diaz said:
I have a upper plenum trace-out on paper. Somebody could use this for a possible change in the roof of the intake manifold. Eaton supercharger mount? Anybody want a copy for R&D? I would like to import it into a CAD program for possible development.

I went as far as measuring the bolt holes with a digital micrometer (there are a few different sizes).
I work as a cad designer, mostly maps, but i can do 3-D, and am very good at detail work.....let me know if i can help.

·
Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma
406 Posts
Tnelson said:
I work as a cad designer, mostly maps, but i can do 3-D, and am very good at detail work.....let me know if i can help.

Want me to send you a copy? I'm already sending Rkon a copy. Not sure what he has planned.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry to be the ass of the group...but what is it that you did Diaz? what is the actual mod...what does it do? what gains? Please fill me in, I have some money saved up...would this be a mod I would like to have? Thanks.

·
Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma
406 Posts
Musashi Miyamoto said:
Sorry to be the ass of the group...but what is it that you did Diaz? what is the actual mod...what does it do? what gains? Please fill me in, I have some money saved up...would this be a mod I would like to have? Thanks.

I did it for Research and development of a custom intake manifold, or an upper plenum replacement. It could be used to custom mount a supercharger, velocity stacks, individual throttle bodies, etc.

I traced it directly from my intake manifold so you would know how far apart the intake side of the heads are, and where the factory located the injector holes, bolt holes, and to get the overall shape of the upper part of the intake manifold.

It's nothing too exciting, but it can be useful in certain projects.

·
Blackend Legend OG
226 Posts
Musashi Miyamoto said:
It is not actually built, but could yeild really good gains, as the intake manifold is one of our main limiting factors. With headwork, either heavily ported logs or custom headers, this could help produce a lot more power. The primary mods that would really help this would be cams and ecu tuning to get the most out of it.

I think an ITB setup would work really well, and would eliminate a lot of the vis problems and restriction. Christian produced a lot more of both hp and tq with a hogged out manifold. I think if done right this could really help. With cams and timing adjustment, i think you could be seeing almost 250 to the wheels.......

The good thing about a custom manifold (especially if it sits lower) is that you can drop a roots type or screw type Supercharger on top of it. Any attempts at FI are going to take ecu work, and i think that is the next major step.

Oh, and i guess the AW buyout means that i will be rejoining the legend forums.

·
Registered
398 Posts
diaz, i am curious how you got it "traced"...with the proper distance apart(which is great)?? Also, if lets say we built a custom one..is there any way by your drawing that we would no the proper angle(and perhaps length) of the runners so we can get clearance under hood?

·
Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma
406 Posts
Swift said:
diaz, i am curious how you got it "traced"...with the proper distance apart(which is great)?? Also, if lets say we built a custom one..is there any way by your drawing that we would no the proper angle(and perhaps length) of the runners so we can get clearance under hood?
I took 2 sheets of legal paper, taped them together, and traced out the entire upper plenum to make a template. I used a digital micrometer to measure the size of the mounting holes, as well as the placement of the injector holes.

It won't give you the proper angle of the runners. This would probably be more for a velocity stack style intake, Individual throttle bodies, or a supercharger mount, since I believe the intake runners on the stock intake manifold are inefficient.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.