Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a 2018 RDX AWD and am trying to determine the part that is pictured in this photo, with the apparent damage to the surface.

If anybody recognizes this part and can provide a specific part number, I'd appreciate it tremendously!

From what I'm able to determine, the part is installed with an adhesive (because when I tug on the pictured part, I can see the adhesive stretching beneath).

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you considering spraying the trim piece with SEM black trim paint (after appropriate masking, of course)? https://tinyurl.com/sem-on-amazon

Worst case scenario...you end up replacing the part, which is where you are now. Best case...for a few bucks and a little time you solve the problem without the hassle of hunting down the part and installing it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@SoCalRDX Thanks for taking a look! I really appreciate it!

That's a good and interesting idea! I suppose my concern is that it'll look different than the others once it's painted. Is the particular finish to which you linked intended to match this part's factory finish?

At one point, I'm pretty sure that I had found the part on one of the Acura OEM sites, but I lost the browser tab and now I can't find it. As I recall, it wasn't named in any type of sensible manner, and it appeared as a "related part" to the Door Garnish (chrome) that I had inadvertently purchased, thinking that it was this part.

Let me do a little more digging and see if I can find the part that I think may be the correct one; a second set of eyes would be great. It was only $32 or so, as I recall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@SoCalRDX Thanks for taking a look! I really appreciate it!

That's a good and interesting idea! I suppose my concern is that it'll look different than the others once it's painted. Is the particular finish to which you linked intended to match this part's factory finish?
I don't think it's a color tied to Acura's colors. It's probably just basic black, and if the color is different than the piece next to it, you might have to paint both. But, for $32, if you can find the part again that would probably be the best way to go.

Good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks like the clear coat flaked off.
Get the color code, ( usually on the drivers door jamb), order a can of touch up spray paint, wet sand the entire area, with 800 grit from wheel well to door crease. Well enogh where you have no ridges, mask and spray from the wheel well to the door crease, wet sand with a 1,000 grit lightly, then clear coat spray it. Wait a week get a polishing compound and polish it out, then wax it

This may be the part number with color. Looks like you have to order all 4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts