Acura World banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make the REAR upper strut bar??? Just wondering. I'm going to make my ride as stiff as possible... and since we have all that space in the trunk, putting a upper strut in the rear shouldn't sacrifice too much trunk space. :)

·
I am no one
14,897 Posts
i have never heard about one, but if you go to some kinda of speed shop of body shop in LA area, i am sure they can easily custom made one for you at a low price. it's not hard

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
SLVR TL:
Be warned...our rear seats and rear deck is in the way...so they'll have to cut out pieces of your car...I don't know how much of the rear seat...

Austin519

·
Registered
758 Posts
sounds like a lot of money just for a strut bar...i really think there isn't enough room cuz, well you know where the rear springs are:D...Shyne:king:

·
2,075 Posts
How about a rear lower strut bar (like the shiny chromy ones you sometimes see on a ricey Civic)? Those available? And do they help? :dunno:

·
I am no one
14,897 Posts
patrick said:
How about a rear lower strut bar (like the shiny chromy ones you sometimes see on a ricey Civic)? Those available? And do they help? :dunno:
well if it's just for cosmetic look then yeah, it's not hard. ask jesal and he can give you some pointers :)

but if you want a lower strut, the REAL deal, it's gonna be a big hassle. the bar would have to be thick, and most of the time it would be in a shape of a triangle (brace) to really tighten up the lower body. that would cost more than you would like to spend

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,086 Posts
Why don't you get the front one first?? :sqnteek: :bigok:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Austin519:
Yeah... I'm aware of that. They probably have to cut that carpeting (?) thing in the trunk to get access to the top of the shocks area.... which probably isn't going to be too bad.

rominl:
I can easily have them custom make it... but I want it to look good when I open the trunk as well. I need to find a reputable shop to do it for me.

Songoku:
The front... I guess I'll live with the stock one for now. But the rear.... we don't have one yet. So I saw a lot of space for improvement rite there.

I'll let you guys know what I end up getting. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
songoku said:
Why don't you get the front one first?? :sqnteek: :bigok:
Songoku,
I think rears would be better than front ones since we are front wheel drive with understeer.
Since no aftermarket front bars are made, :cry: fronts would be good. A good alternative would be to get rear sways.

Best alternative (in my order of preference):
Rear sways
Front sways
Rears lower struts
Front lower struts ( or front upper strut)

Shock and spring mods anywhere above will definitely help.

I think I got my logic right.... :bigok:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,086 Posts
thescoundrel said:
i made mine in 1 day of ordering and 1 hour of install...
Does anyone know if there is any lower tie bar available on newer ACCORD??

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,086 Posts
Does anyone know if pre-ACCORD (94~97) rear lower tie bar will fit on TL's???

·
Registered
96 Posts
bingo, thats exactly how my setup was. How ya like it?

the front rides smoother around turns...seems flatter...i don't have the sways, just the stock setup...you can put one on the rear but for looks only...I remember an old thread on the tl site.

parts needed:

2 0.5" threaded tie rod ends (1/2-20 thread)
1 24" threaded 5/8"diameter aluminum rod (1/2-20 thread)
2 12mm 1.25 pitch bolt 50mm long
a handful of washers to use as spacers...

I picked up most of the parts at a machine shop in irvine.

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
164 Posts
songoku said:

Does anyone know if there is any lower tie bar available on newer ACCORD??

heres one~

hey songoku..the pre accord rear lower tie bar dont fit...its too short. i tired.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.