Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My comptech springs are squeaky as hell now...does anybody know if comptech waranties their stuff? either repair or replace?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I don't know about warranties on the stuff. I mean you figure they should. I've had my Comptechs for over a year now and I've never heard a squeak from them. that's really odd. You sure it's not the car itself that's squeaking? I mean I get those around-the-cabin squeaks all the time.

Maybe if you try greasing them, it might help?

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Iridium130 said:
My comptech springs are squeaky as hell now...does anybody know if comptech waranties their stuff? either repair or replace?
How long have you had your car lowered? When I had my integra lowered, my bushings got shot to hell, and all they would do is squeak when the suspenstion traveled. Just hose them up with some WD-40 or better yet, silicon. If it stops, you found your answer. I just used silicon every month or so to lube them up

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
i think you should go to the place you install them and ask them to check on it. in most cases, the springs themselves are ok, but it's the installation that creates those squeaks. like the place where i installed mine, they said if the springs or sways squeak, just bring the car back.

·
1,959 Posts
rominl said:
i think you should go to the place you install them and ask them to check on it. in most cases, the springs themselves are ok, but it's the installation that creates those squeaks. like the place where i installed mine, they said if the springs or sways squeak, just bring the car back.
Everything rominl said above. Another possibility is that the springs are compressing against each other and that's what's causing the squeaks. It happened to me with my H&R race springs. Sqeaks like crazy everytime I go over a bump. However my installer installed some spring isolators - they are abestos like material that wraps around each coil of your spring. After that, no sqeaks unless I hit real big bump. You may want to give this a try.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Didn't you just install sways, Phil? If you didn't grease em up VERY liberally, or tighten the bolts, the sways are known to squeek.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
autoxCLS said:
Didn't you just install sways, Phil? If you didn't grease em up VERY liberally, or tighten the bolts, the sways are known to squeek.
hahhaa..... lol...... in that case, go back to the installer :D:D seriously though, try to check all the bolts, greese, etc..... i mean if the springs are broken, then you can go to comptech, but if they squeak, it's more about the install

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.