Acura World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
They may fit. Are you calling a local shop? If so, go there and see if they fit. They are just an easy wedge bulb you can pull right out. As long as it is 12V/5W it should work. If you are calling someone out of your area, I'm not sure if the prices would be much better than a local shop. I got PIAA Xtreme/Super Plasma's for $12 a pair.

·
Registered
633 Posts
yes 194 bulbs work fine. Those are what I have. I beleive 194 are just a little brighter than 168:cool:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
badazzTL said:
yes 194 bulbs work fine. Those are what I have. I beleive 194 are just a little brighter than 168:cool:

Quite the opposite my friend. How do I know? I just got back from messing with all the bulbs in the car.

168 and 194 are the exact same size...but 194 is a 4w vs 5w (2cp vs 3 i think) and made to run much much longer. I just tried putting in 921 (18w) inside the doors but after leaving the door open for 20-30 minutes i smelled something burning inside so i swapped it out right away.

I repeat...DO NOT USE 921 bulbs to replace 194/168 in map lights, door lights, trunk lights, or CL (foglights). IT WILL MELT THE HOUSING!

I also tried putting 921's in the maplights and trunk lights but you cant close the cover since the bulbs are too long.

BTW...the OEM door lights are 194 and the OEM map lights are 168...so anyone putting in (hyperwhite 168) to replace the stock map lights are technically DIMMING their lights just to change the color, since all 168 bulbs are 5w.

If you want to make the interior brighter, you're best shot is to replace the door lights to 168. Other than that...everything else is just for color.

Here is my blue 194 (long life) door lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
rominl said:

so the W2 is what the backup lights are right? the shop here is out of them, so i might just as well get it from optauto...
yea Henry, the reverse are W2 bulbs.. I have them installed, at night, they are very nice.. maybe I'll show them to you at the next meet. :)

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Edub said:

yea Henry, the reverse are W2 bulbs.. I have them installed, at night, they are very nice.. maybe I'll show them to you at the next meet. :)
yeah that'd be cool :) i think i will order from them as well coz' i don't think i can wait any longer from my local shop. funny i went there 2 weeks ago mainly for the backup light, but they were all out so i was pissed and changed all my interior to superwhite...... and now all my interiors are good and the backup light is still @[email protected] sigh...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.