Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Because most of the transmission fluid in the car doesn't actually come out when you remove the drain plug.

most shops are only doing a fluid change and only a portion of all the fluid is changed.

Don't know if there is a professional tool that actually flushes all the fluid but whenever its due i always empty and fill and repeat the next day.

Try it out and see the color of the fluid coming out... u will realize that the $20 of fluid going down the drain after only 1day is money well spent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you do the math and look at the dilution of the transmission fluid it takes 4 or 5 drain and refill cycles to get to the point where you are not getting much of the "original" fluid flushed out. Something like about 10% is theoretically still there.

At least, that is my take on the matter as I have had to do this several times to my wife's '04 TL because of a P0740 code.

The last time I did this flush routine the code cleared and I was able to pass the smog test.
But, the code did not clear until the 5th flush.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I worked at a valvoline, the machine we used would pull fluid then put new fluid in and repeat for about 20mins. I was told it exchanged about 99.5% of fluid this way. So maybe they are just doing drain and fills?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.