Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking through the forums and realize there are a lot of threads about headlight issues. I could not find one that was specific to my issue though.

I have a 2002 Acura TL Type S. My driver side HID lamp will only come on the first time I turn the switch on after a long period of time of not using the car. For instance, it will turn on in the morning when I go to work, however if I turn it off and then try to turn it back on again, it will not come up. I have fiddled with it and sometimes it will randomly come on. I am about to switch parts with the passenger side like suggested in other threads but I just want to start this thread to see if anyone has any other hints to the problem. I checked the fuse and it is ok. Relay seems ok too, however I don't know how to check if a relay is bad. The good thing is it works fine in the morning, but to get safety inspection passed, it has to be able to come back on after being turned off. Thx in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So after trading ballasts and the ignitors I found the only factor that changed anything was the ignitor even though I didn't see anything visibly wrong with it. I guess I will be shopping around for one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.