Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 RL and my DRL lights have been playing hide and seek with each other for a while now and i think i have had enough (coz it now seems to be messing with the life of the headlight bulbs).

Does anyone have recommendations on where to start troubleshooting?

I'm guessing i should start at the DRL module but i have no idea about where it is located.

Does any one know (or have pictures) of where the unit is located?

any help is greatly appreciated.

-Lordz33

·
The boy and Barclay
1,546 Posts
I have a TL and it is up under/beside the steering column, perhaps it is in same area. Pain in the ass to get to too. I hurt my back on Sunday changing mine :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
DRL module is behind the rear seat on the left side. You have to remove the upper seat back to get to it. On my module the circuit board needed to be resoldered on the relay conections I think. It was easy to spot. The circuit board is a little under desinged for the current it carries so I added a jumper wire to the section of the board that looked a little cooked. I have so far had no problems.

·
336 Posts
Is DRL a Canadian feature? I don't think my 96 RL had DRL. acuraoemparts.com lists a " "CONTROL UNIT, AUTO LIGHT" (part number 39850-SZ3-A01" at 196.93. If you can't fix your part, let me know as I may have it. ([email protected])

·
The boy and Barclay
1,546 Posts
Is DRL a Canadian feature? I don't think my 96 RL had DRL. acuraoemparts.com lists a " "CONTROL UNIT, AUTO LIGHT" (part number 39850-SZ3-A01" at 196.93. If you can't fix your part, let me know as I may have it. ([email protected])
Indeed it is. You know us Canucks, always the safety conscious folks. It helps the polar bears see you coming in the daylight. :mhihi:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it the same on 98 rl 3.5? Can't find drl mod
DRL module is behind the rear seat on the left side. You have to remove the upper seat back to get to it. On my module the circuit board needed to be resoldered on the relay conections I think. It was easy to spot. The circuit board is a little under desinged for the current it carries so I added a jumper wire to the section of the board that looked a little cooked. I have so far had no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts