Acura World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking a Junior level Physics class this semester. And I don't even understand the damn text book. this shit is so hard I have been looking at it all day and I got a test tomorrow 7:30am. Does anyone else take physics to this level.

·
Moderator?
9,839 Posts
I took physics as a senior in high school. It wasn't that hard. What kinds of subjects are you covering?

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah PHysics in High School was easy, and University PHysics in College I got a 99% avg. Third level physics is fucking hard.

Triple Point of Water
Kinetic Energy Of Rolling
Angular MOmentum of a System of Particles
Torque and Angular Momentum
And all at a high ass level, not intro shit like High school and PHysics 121.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is one of the practices problems related to Torque

A ball of Mass M-6.00kg and radius R, rolls smoothly from rest down a ramp at angle theta=30 degrees

If the ball decends a verticla height h-1.20m to reach the bottom of the ramp what is the speed at the bottom.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
ur on your own there buddy!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
:bash: :bash: thats what i think you should do to the professor haha

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
i see ure still on buddy.....go study and just maybe you'll pass :p

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pass I'll manage, but to not get my ass kicked by my dad and have to move back to NY I will need an 93 or higher,:D

Fun, eh?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
just tell him u got distracted in class and someone's cell was going on and it prevented you from concentrating and thats why u got lower than 93

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
X3.2clsX said:
just tell him u got distracted in class and someone's cell was going on and it prevented you from concentrating and thats why u got lower than 93
Yeah he'll buy that, considering it is usually my cell going off. He'll just say, well then learn to concentrate better. :D

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
Yeah, I had to take all of those physics and math classes in college.

I am only 2 classes short of being a math major, but I didn't want to stay any longer.

My physics classes were some of the best that I took, probably because of my professors. :)

Anyways, I probably can't help you much anymore, it has been about 4 years since I took my last physics course, so I have probably forgotten much of what I had to know.

Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts