Acura World banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my Eibach Prokit springs for a while now, I can't install them cuz my driveway looks like a "V". I already have a body kit so that makes it even worse. Sometimes I even scrape my brand new HKS when I pull in. I am getting sick of looking at them in my room every day waiting for the day when we move (in December) to put them on. I can't wait that long, I'll go crazy:mad: So I'm wondering what you guys think I should do: a) Install them anyway and try to find a way to make the scrapes less noticeable (like turning up the radio) b) Sell them ( I really don't want to do this cuz I got an awesome deal on them) or C) Hold off and wait till I move.

now I already have bricks infront of my driveway to make the slope less steep but I still freakin scrape:bigcry:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I say figure out a way not to scrape then put them on because springs make your ride look so fresh and clean clean! lol!

·
Registered
737 Posts
that really sux, i dont know what you should do...the ride is so much better with springs its ridiculous:eek:...not to mention the performance look it gives to the TL...makes your TL so much cleaner looking than most tLs you see out on the street everyday:rolleyes:...Shyne:king:

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
You could always park it in front of your house in the street...yeah, you're driveway is beyond steep! Either put them on now, or wait until December...the scraping is not really worth it...wouldn't want to put scratches on your sweet ride...

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
TypeSDragon said:
You can lowered it and park anywhere else except your driveway. :dunno:
Good Solution!! ;)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya I've been thinking of parking on the street but my dad doesn't want me to because he thinks kids will scratch it up with their bikes and basketballs and such.

I'm wondering if those ramps that I see at stores at Pep Boys and Autozone would work, I seen some today for $30 that look like they might work. Maybe I'll give those a try:idea:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
badazzTL:
Do what any of us logical modders would do...

rip up the driveway and pave a new one :D...or if it's not that nice of a driveway you can always fill it with bags of quickcrete...works like a charm. And as for the worry of the kids scraping etc...just get a nice soft car cover. Works like a charm

Austin519

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Austin519 said:

Austin519
Ya I think I'm going to beg my dad to let me park in the street. What is quickcrete BTW? I really don't want to spend a whole lot to redo the driveway since we are moving in a couple months.:cool:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
badazzTL said:
What is quickcrete BTW? I really don't want to spend a whole lot to redo the driveway since we are moving in a couple months
:sqnteek: :sqnteek:

·
1,163 Posts
[email protected]!!

I've had my coilovers for 6.5 months...it was pain watching my coilovers sit there in my garage everytime i leave...in my case...my mom was sharing the car with me...so i couldn't lower it until she got her new car...what i did was i kept looking at the gallery sections and drooled watching them dropped cars...then I convined my mom that it'll handle so much better and I can adjust it up high so that "she" can drive... so I searched and found Austin... we met and installed it...(off-topic?)

my ride is bumpy as hell...but i love it(back to the topic)...dont let your driveway get in the way...just install your springs...and you'll be so happy with it...and satisfied that you won't realize the pain...(?).....just put more bricks and climb up that driveway if you have to...thats what i would do....or use ur front lawn to go up...its much softer...:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.