Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting some more power out of an 04 TL Six speed what the easiest way to get more power out of it without boosting it. Will Header back and intake do it? Or will tuning it help. Let me know THanks

Kicha

· I WANT YOU!
2,403 Posts
Nope. Can't put headers on. Going from 258 hp to 300 hp will be pretty tough without a turbo or sc. CAI may give you an extra 5 hp.

· Registered
120 Posts
intake + catback exhaust + race pipe + j-pipe + precat deletes + throttle body spacer, and some peoples are running NOS

· I WANT YOU!
2,403 Posts
Without a turbo, sc or NOS, I don't see any way you could get more than 15-20 more horses. As for headers, it's not that nobody makes them, it's that the TL's manifold will not support aftermarket headers...at least that's my understanding.

· Registered
120 Posts
There are a couple Type-S's right at 300 with just bolt on's.
The one im thinking of has 294whp

· I WANT YOU!
2,403 Posts
Id be happy with 270whp. what do they put to the wheels stock?
Sure, but remember, the '04 TL actually has 258 bhp, not 270 bhp. The hp rating method was changed mid-way through the 3rd gen production cycle.

· Registered
120 Posts
I understand he has an 04, I was just posting the info I had to show him he could get some nice numbers, with bolt on's. :beerchug:

490 Posts
As mentioned previously you will want to look into the following mods: CAI, Pre-Cat deletes, J-Pipe, race pipe, catback exhaust and a pulley. You can also do the throttle body spacers. These are all bolt on modifications and this pretty much covers everything you can do before getting into engine internals or going forced induction/nitrous.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not trying to get crazy. I know this will never be what my old car was. With Subaru's getting 20-30whp is a matter or tuning and bolt ons. If there was a way of tuning or lowering the Vtech to 4000rpms I would look into it but everything Ive read says not to do any kind of Vtech controller just a waste of money and it can hurt the car. I think ill stick with the bolt ons. Thanks for all the info again

1 - 20 of 23 Posts