Acura World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - so I did a test. I washed my car yesterday with a mild car soap. Car got dried and went straight into the garage. Today, I went out and did my 3-step process - 3M Swirl mark remover, Mother's reflections polish, and Mother's pure carnuba.

Well, I did only the left side of the hood to test it and take some pics in the perfect afternoon light.

Left side, with 3-step process, taken in garage:

Right side, clean only, taken in garage (note swirl marks):

Left side, taken outside:

Right side, again outside:

Left side, zoomed in, outside (damn flash...):

Right side, zoomed in, outside:

The biggest differences can be seen in the indoors pics. The spots, or flecks you see is the metallic element in the black. ;)

I love a clean black car. :D

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
If you own a black car or a dark color car, I would HIGHLY suggest Pinnacle Wax. I have some pics of my car from yesterday which I'll try to up load soon.

I did a wash, Pinnacle Clay, Meguiers #7 Polish, then followed it up w/ a nice coat of Pinnacle wax. Its a beauty I tell ya!

A few weeks ago I noticed some really bad swirl marks on my car (they were from a hand car wash, which did more damage than good). I spent approx. 4 hours yesterday and did the whole process and the car looks and 'feels' (as in the feel of the smoothness of the paint. You can't get this by just waxing alone) like new.

Pinnacle Wax :bigok:

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
You know what is sweet and I Just realized, when you took that pic of your car you had clouds reflecting off the hood, look at my hood no clouds. We prob this if for the 9th straight day haven't seen one Cloud, it is crazy,:D :cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, OK - when the sun comes up again, I'll take a similar pic and we'll see. ;)

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
autoxCLS said:
Ok, OK - when the sun comes up again, I'll take a similar pic and we'll see. ;)
yeah yeah that's what I thought. I Own JOO ALL, but it doesn't matter cause Mark wins hands down, Cleanest CLS out there

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the best I could get in bad garage lighting. :-/

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last one. More tomorrow when the sun comes up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
WOW sky lookin real good.... but i have to go with my boy Ken on this one... Pinnacle wax ownz me... ;) but i will try that 3m swirl remover fo sho!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
autoxCLS said:
Last one. More tomorrow when the sun comes up.

Look at that Shine! you have the same Shine on the TLS sky?

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
where can one get this 3m swirl remover? or pinnacle wax, i've yet to see either of these in any store

·
Registered
36 Posts
noleaf74 said:
where can one get this 3m swirl remover? or pinnacle wax, i've yet to see either of these in any store
You can get this stuff from Autogeek.

You can also get the 3M stuff from most auto body supply stores.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Notice the ZAINO shine..........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts