Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Car: 2000 Acura Integra

Recently got my spark plugs, the wire-set distributer cap and the other little thingy, sorry im pretty amateur about cars! The radiator is topped off, oils been changed, new break-pads and rotors and new tires.( I know irrelevant about some of these). Although the cars been sitting in the drive-way for 8 months, i just recently go all of these done(past 2-3days). The temperature gauge is reading normally, not going past the middle. Problem is, i open my hood, and alot of the things are to the touch, especially the little metal rod that holds the hood up. Yes i know its supposed to be hot, but i wouldn't think something that came out the microwave hot, especially for only 10mins of driving. The ambient air coming out once i open the hood is pretty hot as well. And the hood is hot as well. Again only 10 mins of driving. The car has about 125k miles, and has had its timing belt changed already as well. Air runs cool through the air conditioner I do use the cheapest gas at my kangaroo station unleaded. Only problem is the engine seems to get too hot really fast. But does not raise my temp. to make me worry completely.

More information: I used to work at jimmy johns as a delivery driver, which took a toll on my car. I have already got my computer on the car read which showed 4 misfired cyclinders(Already fixed.. hopefully) Car runs fine, besides when i do a semi-hard break the steering wheel starts to shake(Possibly because i havent drove it in awhile and the rotors and break pads were just replaced 2-3 weeks before i had to temporarily retire my car) Any advice or detailed information would be appreciated.

·
Integra Mod/2nd Gen Guru
4,747 Posts
Nothing I read makes me worry.

Unless the needle goes up, don't worry. Your perception of heat is not an accurate gauge of real temperature.

The reason your wheel shakes when you brake is simply because your car was sitting for 8 months. Your rotors are rusted and your caliper slide pins are probably needing a lube job.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts