Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 1 year ago I had a problem with my 2000 TL (I had about 65,000 miles on it then) when the engine was jerking during the acceleration sometimes. Car electrician has checked with the scanner, which showed cylinders misfiring. I was advised to change the spark plugs. So I replaced them with the new original NGK plugs.

Now I have about 85,000 miles on TL and it started to do the same all over again, i.e. engine jerks on acceleration.
I've asked Acura dealership how long the spark plugs lasting before they needs to be replaced again; they said that the NGK originals are good for at least 60,000 miles.
I am using regular gas :mhihi: , so I thought may be injectors got dirty , hence I had used the fuel system cleaner one time, but it did not not solve the problem.
So it seems that something else is causing the engine to jerk on acceleration.:wtf:
Can someone out here hint me on cause?
Thanks

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks to all for your input...
since I've started to use 91 octane gas the jerking disapeared, I hope that there is no any damage caused by the regular gas.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
trany replacement

The car jerking came back several months after my last posting here.
Lately in addition to this jerking some strange sounds started to appear. The sounds like crackle of a cardboard or plastic bag under the tires . I took it to mechanic. He drove tested and stated that between 3-rd and 4-th gear the trany disks slips.
I took my TL to another mechanic shop where they drive tested with the computer attached. The result - serious problem with the trany.
So I just bought 2 days ago used trany with 42K on it. Next week am taking my TL to mechanic to swap the trany.

I heard that there is a way to get from Honda compensation for the trany exchange. I would really appreciate some hints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts