Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My wife has a 2011 TSX SW Tech. I recently changed the VTC Actuator to end the proverbial cold start rattle. Everything was good to go for a couple of weeks and then it started making a high/low pitched faint whistling sound (almost sounds like a fluty trill).

Search for flute trill.wmv on youtube (since I can't post a URL yet)

HAHA, I know, but that's the best way to describe it. Anyhow, the sound seems to be coming from the front of the engine under the valve cover where the timing chain and top chain guide are. It makes the sound on cold start and until the engine is up to normal operating temperature. It makes the sound while driving or sitting idle and increases it's speed as engine RPMs increase. It doesn't matter if any/all accessories are on or off. If anyone has any insight into this, please, feel free to, roger up. Thank you in advance.

-Chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, that actually sounds like a vacuum leak to me too but I don't know Acuras that well yet so I could be wrong. Have you noticed a drop in your car's fuel efficiency? If you know where the vacuum lines are, you can check them for damage visually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.