Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am in need of some expert help / diagnostics. I have recently bought a 99 RL and having some problems with the car. The car starts fine but when put in Drive and given gas it will not move and kinda catches on and off but doesn't run pas around 10 km/hr. The mechanic used his code reader and it came back as the EGR valve. I have since then put a new EGR valve and took a rag an screw driver and tried to clean out the holes on the base of where it is attached. I also changed the plugs and was careful to gap to 1.1mm as recommended on the sticker under the hood. Now the car is even worse. Prior to changing the EGR valve and plugs the stuttering would last for a couple mins only at first start up and then be ok once it engages and car has power. Now the car does not accelerate when in Drive no matter what type of pedal input is applied. However when the car is in Park it wil rev out ok. I didnt put the NGK PFR5L-11 as under the hood but a V groove platinum plug from bought at Canadian tire, cant remember the part #. Please advise if you have had this problem before and what was the fix. :bash:

Thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts