Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I quote:

The only highpoint on the Jeep front for 2004 will be an ultra high performance Jeep Grand Cherokee "Sport" package featuring Chrysler's hot new 5.7 liter Hemi V8! The goal is to create a Jeep capable of stomping ANY vehicle on the road. Notice that I didn't say SUV, that's because the engineers have created a package that they believe will be able to whip a Mustang "R" or a Corvette.
With an estimated 353 horsepower and 353 lb. ft.of torque the new Hemi is definitely up to the task (in comparison, the LS1 V8 used in the Corvette puts out 345 hp and 350 lb. ft of torque).The Hemi will be mated to a high performance 6-speed manual transmission. It's all-wheel-drive system will use electronically controlled transfer case teamed with electronically controlled front and rear differentials.

To ensure that the hot rod Jeep has World class handling, the package will include "adaptive" suspension dampening (both for front-to-rear and /side-to-side control). The system should be similar to the ESP suspension currently available on Mercedes Benz cars. The Sport will ride on eighteen or nineteen inch wheels shod with performance rubber. I also expect to see an aero kit on the body. Like the 5.9 limited Grand Cherokees, the idea is to stir up excitement around the vehicle to get it through its last couple years of production.

Whoever wrote this was so full of shit. :rolleyes:

I can believe the 5.7 hemi......but the other stuff is way over the top.

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Why is it so over the top? Look what the SVT whizzes did with the F150 Lightning, and what Chevy did with the Blazer to the Typhoon...

There's lots of history of making a rodded-out version of a work-vehicle. The Typhoon was the best parallel, but not the kind of technology they're talking about.

Hell - even the pre-production CLSes had 18s in the concept drawings. Too bad we got stuck with Michelin A/S tires. :-/

Ken said:
and I quote:

The only highpoint on the Jeep front for 2004 will be an ultra high performance Jeep Grand Cherokee "Sport" package featuring Chrysler's hot new 5.7 liter Hemi V8! The goal is to create a Jeep capable of stomping ANY vehicle on the road. Notice that I didn't say SUV, that's because the engineers have created a package that they believe will be able to whip a Mustang "R" or a Corvette.
With an estimated 353 horsepower and 353 lb. ft.of torque the new Hemi is definitely up to the task (in comparison, the LS1 V8 used in the Corvette puts out 345 hp and 350 lb. ft of torque).The Hemi will be mated to a high performance 6-speed manual transmission. It's all-wheel-drive system will use electronically controlled transfer case teamed with electronically controlled front and rear differentials.

To ensure that the hot rod Jeep has World class handling, the package will include "adaptive" suspension dampening (both for front-to-rear and /side-to-side control). The system should be similar to the ESP suspension currently available on Mercedes Benz cars. The Sport will ride on eighteen or nineteen inch wheels shod with performance rubber. I also expect to see an aero kit on the body. Like the 5.9 limited Grand Cherokees, the idea is to stir up excitement around the vehicle to get it through its last couple years of production.

Whoever wrote this was so full of shit. :rolleyes:

I can believe the 5.7 hemi......but the other stuff is way over the top.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
That is so fucking pimp, I want one. Now. I love jeeps and I love when people don't think you can go fast and you whip their ass like that moron in the 325i wagon against the F-250. hahah I whopped him.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Ken said:
the engineers have created a package that they believe will be able to whip a Mustang "R" or a Corvette.
With an estimated 353 horsepower and 353 lb. ft.of torque the new Hemi is definitely up to the task (in comparison, the LS1 V8 used in the Corvette puts out 345 hp and 350 lb. ft of torque).
I wonder if this guy has ever heard of curb weight. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Like the V8 NSX and RL, I'll believe it when I see it. They can talk all they want, until I see one on a showroom floor it doesn't exist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts