Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
about a year ago I purchased my first car, a 2003 Acura RL 3.5. Since the beginning of owning the car, I have ran into small difficulties such as a whacky VSA code reading, an idle air control code, and a heater hose blowing on me mid driving. Aside from it's imperfections, I love the car and am obsessed with upgrading and restoring the vehicle to it's highest potential. After throwing new rims on her, I've decided it's time to fix my exhaust leak. Sure it makes a good sound, but time to make her nice and shiny. If anyone has any info on the rear end exhaust system or similar stand ins for the oem exhaust, it would be much appreciated.

· Registered
6 Posts
You can get walker for the pipes and muffler best for the money ad the gage steel is heavier but the walker muffler pipes dont line up well with the bumper and will melt it if not set properly you may have to heat and move them down a bit look at the old one, if you can get an oem stainless steel muffler from the junkyard thts better as you dont wanna buy those new I got a walker and put abt 6 coats od anticorrosive paint on it

· 2000RL
207 Posts
The RL exhaust is prone to rust-out where the muffler is bolted to the exhaust pipe going to the catalytic converter. I don't know were you are located but most cities have local garages that do muffler work. I had a shop cut out the rusted sections and welded a new stock muffler on my 2000 RL for me. Worth checking out if you have a local shop in your area however, bear in mind what BabaFats wrote about proper spacing of the new muffler in relation to the rear bumper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.