Acura World banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you saw my post on A-TL.com about a month ago, someone stole both of my exhaust tips. I've been driving around since then without a new pair since I have to park in the same lot until May and I don't want to tempt a repeat.

Now, I can't find a single site that sells the stock chrome tips. ACP offers the gold ones but I'm not interested. Tim also offers a special set of ACP tips for much less than the stock price...

I'm not interested in anything that looks ricey, but does anyone know what the quality of the ACP one is like? Worse/equal/better than the stock one? I would also hope it's not any larger... I just want it to fit snugly around the exhaust to give it a nice finished look... not the impression that I've got the exhaust from a flatbed truck jammed under there. :D

Anyone got any advice on really clean, shiny tips like the stock one? Or better yet any idea where I can get a pair of the stock chromes for under $90 (what my dealer is trying to rip me off for). ACP's tips are something like $53 or so + shipping I think (too lazy to go check right now)... advice please :beerchug:

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
I love my 3A Racing tips. I'm not sure if those are the same ones you are talking about. They are bigger than stock, but when I see a TL with stock tips, they look funny now, and tiny! The 3A are slightly slanted, and come out just car enough (work with or without a bodykit). Noticable, but not ricey. Bolt right on. I think they are a poliches stainless, which is better than chrome for tips (chrome will rust).
Can anyone else vouche for these tips?
I have pics at my image station site.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
SimTypeS said:
I love my 3A Racing tips. I'm not sure if those are the same ones you are talking about. They are bigger than stock, but when I see a TL with stock tips, they look funny now, and tiny! The 3A are slightly slanted, and come out just car enough (work with or without a bodykit). Noticable, but not ricey. Bolt right on. I think they are a poliches stainless, which is better than chrome for tips (chrome will rust).
Can anyone else vouche for these tips?
I have pics at my image station site.
Got a link to your image station site? I really abhore the stock tips. I miss the welded-on oval tips of the CLS. :-/

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have the tips Tim sells at acp, they are the slanted 3A racing tips. http://www.thewebworks.com/nuke/mod...ame=Gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

You can browse around my pics to see them from different angles. They are the same tips that are sold at PepBoys/AutoZone, infact I believe for the same price or pretty close.

Instead of the single bolt like the oem tips, they have three bolts. They are easy to install, can take some patience getting them lined up so the exhaust doesn't rest on one side of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
not ricey

I'd have to say that they don't look ricey. My friend had them on his TLS and it look fine,different but fine. There's not really a big difference maybe thats why.But if you do get them have them wielded to the muffler to stop the thiefs(just dont wield the bolts it will still slip off :bigcry: ).

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Yeah those are the 3a racing tips. They look pretty good, I remember first seeing them on typesdragons car thought it was comptechs. I would go with 3a cause it's cheaper and they enhance the look without any added sound.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
evolaerok said:
Yeah those are the 3a racing tips. They look pretty good, I remember first seeing them on typesdragons car thought it was comptechs. I would go with 3a cause it's cheaper and they enhance the look without any added sound.
evolaerok said it all. imho it looks much better than the stock, make the exhuast much more noticeable without adding any noise to the car. this tip just change the look :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Throtex said:

Anyone got any advice on really clean, shiny tips like the stock one? Or better yet any idea where I can get a pair of the stock chromes for under $90 (what my dealer is trying to rip me off for). ACP's tips are something like $53 or so + shipping I think (too lazy to go check right now)... advice please :beerchug:
I also have the 3A tips on mycar and think they look cool, not too big. I got it from Pepboys for $25 each. Here's a pic:

Also, I still have my original tips sittin in my garage that I can sell you for $20 shipped if you'd like.

Good luck

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: Exhaust Tips

VeeDo said:
I also have the 3A tips on mycar and think they look cool, not too big. I got it from Pepboys for $25 each. Here's a pic:
Nice pictures, best ones of the tips I've seen so far. Thanks for the offer on the stock tips, but now I think I'll go for the 3A's :)

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Whoa! :eek: Those are MUCH better than the stock ones.

Off to pep boys I go. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.