Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone that has an aftermarket extended warranty used it yet? My concern is that it is going to be a pain trying to find a shop that is willing to do the work under these plans for various reasons they may have. Also, is there a lot of hassle to go through when trying to claim something under these warranties? I'm sure they say there is no problem at all when you call them before you sign up, but what if you actually made a claim? I would like to know because I am quickly approaching 50K mi. and am debating getting an extended warranty...

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
Extended warranty covers your car thru 100,000 miles and cost about $3,000. I probably will not do it because I don't think my Acura will break down and I will incur up to $3,000 in expenses. Our TL's are good cars. you are not driving a Ford. Why pay $3,000 for a $200 repair?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
i have received quotes from warrantydirect.com for warranties

here is a list of their quotes and i have 54k on my TL.

Your Vehicle:

--- 1999 Acura TL
--- 54200 Miles

Terms: Platinum Platinum
$100 Deductible $0 Deductible

13 Months / 13000 Miles $800.00 $950.00
25 Months / 25000 Miles $975.00 $1,150.00
37 Months / 37000 Miles $1,225.00 $1,400.00

i havent bought it yet, havent had time to contact them...and i'm kinda broke..

i also heard that their negotiable and have payment plans available.

I AM NOT IN ANY WAY ENDORSING THEM because i have not tried this service yet....

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by 2001TL4KCdude
Our TL's are good cars. you are not driving a Ford. Why pay $3,000 for a $200 repair?
I agree that they are good cars, which is probably one of the biggest reasons I bought my TL, but my concern is possible transmission failure, which is a couple of grand to replace. That would probably be the only warranty work that I would ever have done.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
I don't think it's worth it!! :no:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
yea thats the only thing that i want a warranty for is our transmission..

maybe its just a myth perpetuated by people who do have problems and its a minor problem affecting only a small percentage of TLs ...

but its enough for me to worry about it...

from this forum and other forums, sounds like the avg price of a new transmission or to get ur transmission fixed ..is in the range of $2000 or more

personally i think acura should stand behind its product and fix anything that doesnt fall in the category of normal "wear and tear" whatever that includes...

and i'm pretty sure a well built tranny should last almost the life of the car...and if it cant even last past 100,000 miles then they should fix.

thats my 2 cents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.