Acura World banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
evolaerok said:
Looks good man! I can't wait to upgrade to 6000k bulbs. Right now I have mtech fogs that Ray has and it matches perfectly with my oem bulbs. Looks good!
thanks. yeah it's possible to find good matches for the stock hid, but i still can't find a halogen bulb that claims the result of 6000K
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,041 Posts
niceeeee...did u have to get another ballast when upgrading or use the one that we already have..also how much were the bulbs???
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
yeah you need to get new ballasts for the hid fogs too. basically you need one ballast for each hid bulb setup. therefore i have a total of four ballasts inside my car now, two for low beams and two for fogs. if you get the whole conversion kit (which includes two ballasts, two hid bulbs, all the necessary wirings, and maybe some mounts / screws) it should be around 500 bucks for philips (around 400 for normal ones like hella or K2). if you just get the hid bulbs, they are usually 250 bucks a pair for philips (any kind of base, D2R, 9006, H4, etc...) but keep in mind, without the ballast you can never ignite the hid bulb.
 

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
Looks really good. You finally did it, huh? So where did you get it from?
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
oh i got the fog conversion kits from the online groupbuy. go check out groupbuycenter.com, they have nice deals from time to time :)
 

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
rominl said:
oh i got the fog conversion kits from the online groupbuy. go check out groupbuycenter.com, they have nice deals from time to time :)
I've seen once but didn't know it was for Philips kit.
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
oh don't get it until you know it's philips. they should state that, and you can always call to confirm :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
Damn that shit looks HOT!:bigok: You are right about seeing it in person cause I saw infamuz's 6000k fogs and they were bright as hell. He also have the 6000k low beams too.

So what's next?:D
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
BlackShadow said:
Damn that shit looks HOT!:bigok: You are right about seeing it in person cause I saw infamuz's 6000k fogs and they were bright as hell. He also have the 6000k low beams too.

So what's next?:D

next? gs400? :D:D:D
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Escamar said:




damn rominl you on a crazzzzy mod streak...but its lookin niceeeeeeee....

well man, this is a disease. either you don't do it at all, or you can't stop. i am thankful to have a gf who actually supports me modding the car. you should hear what she said when we decided to get the gs400
 

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
Joined
·
82 Posts
rominl said:



well man, this is a disease. either you don't do it at all, or you can't stop. i am thankful to have a gf who actually supports me modding the car. you should hear what she said when we decided to get the gs400
That makes two crazy mod freak living together..hehe..

Nice HID fogs. I used to have stock HID and 4300K philip fog on my 2002 TL ...but when I upgraded to 6000K headlights, I took out the HID fog lights and put it into my girl's '95 Integra...now I'm back to Halogen...i sure missed it though.
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
randomwalk101 said:


That makes two crazy mod freak living together..hehe..

Nice HID fogs. I used to have stock HID and 4300K philip fog on my 2002 TL ...but when I upgraded to 6000K headlights, I took out the HID fog lights and put it into my girl's '95 Integra...now I'm back to Halogen...i sure missed it though.
yeah, with 6000k headlight, i am sure a set of 4100k fogs would look just as yellow as the stock halogen fogs compared to stock 4100k hid
 

·
magic number ==> 69
Joined
·
318 Posts
look great :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
They look awesome :beerchug:

Great work Henry!

axleback
 
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Top