Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cd changer has jammed when trying to eject a home grown cdr. The disk loaded and played fine but jammed on exit. I thought it was just that one disk but the next CDR I tried did the same thing. I have to yank them out with very thin needle nose. I'm afraid to try a third disk as I can't imagine yanking them out is doing the unit any good. Anybody else have similar experience ?

·
Jack This
3,043 Posts
Do you put labels on them? That's a problem w/this changer.

I had a cdr get jammed in my '03 changer. When the dealer replaced the unit they said the eject button was sticking and not the cds. (BTW: I never use labels & still got stuck.) Acura customer support told me that the changer is sensitive to the thickness of cdr's. Some work well, others slip and get jammed.

Anyway.....use them w/out labels and see what happens. Otherwise, just know that our HU is no the best.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I wondered about the labels. I got brave and tried a third CD and this one is ok. The CDRs I use seem just slightly thicker than commercial ones so skipping the labels might do the trick. I may end up changing the head unit eventually anyway. I listen to a lot more tunes on the road than I do at home so it's worth the extra bucks when I'm stuick in traffic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.