Acura World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fog light lens crack in two month after I purchased the car and I haven't replace it because it cost $232 in Acura Dealer... The cheapest I found now is $180 each, I still try to see if I can find any cheaper...

Howcome dealer don't cover that as warranty?????

Do you guys have the same problem too?::sqnteek

The lenses are weak!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
BozzTL-S said:
My Fog light lens crack in two month after I purchased the car and I haven't replace it because it cost $232 in Acura Dealer... The cheapest I found now is $180 each, I still try to see if I can find any cheaper...

Howcome dealer don't cover that as warranty?????

Do you guys have the same problem too?::sqnteek

The lenses are weak!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
err... calm down man. i understand why they aren't cover. just like if you get a big rock chip on the hood, would they cover it?? i don't think so.

i agree that the glass they use for the fogs are very weak though. it could have been better since the fogs are so close to the ground.

at this point i don't think there is much you could do except paying the 180 for the new fog. i was lucky and i got the housing for only 60 bucks but i have a feeling that acura has jacked up the price badly once they saw the demands.

and i strongly suggest you putting on xpel protection on your fogs after you replace it. i broke my fogs 1 months after i got my car, and now it's been 6 months and my fogs are still perfect with the xpel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
I fixed my lens crack with a silicone caulk made for outdoor use (GE Silicone) and it hasn't leakd so far.

Fortunately for me the crack is located where there are ridges on the foglamp reflector, so it's not too noticeable.
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
daverman said:
I fixed my lens crack with a silicone caulk made for outdoor use (GE Silicone) and it hasn't leakd so far.

Fortunately for me the crack is located where there are ridges on the foglamp reflector, so it's not too noticeable.
mine was exactly in the middle, right on target. i was sooo happy that it didn't really break my fog light
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the answers and helps...

I just want to know if this is a common problem to other TL owners.

Little depress about the quality of the car.

Peter
 

·
A-Spec Fan
Joined
·
171 Posts
I just replaced one of my fogs at the dealer last weekend. I've ordered Xpel for the headlights and and fogs. What a pain! If the glass were a little thicker this wouldn't be a problem...
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
neuronbob said:
I just replaced one of my fogs at the dealer last weekend. I've ordered Xpel for the headlights and and fogs. What a pain! If the glass were a little thicker this wouldn't be a problem...
very true indeed. looking at the broken fogs i was amazed how thin the glass was
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top