Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was at the races and this little bitch in a old stock eclipse asked me if i wanted to race the "family sedan". I was like :wtf: does this kid know I will burn his ass sooooo bad?!?! It was raining and there was an accident so I didn't get to smoke him. I never really thought of the TL as a family sedan even though it really is. I guess it was just the way he said it that pissed me off:mad: :bash:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlackShadow said:
You should've shown him what the "family sedan" can do.:D
lol i hope to next week. It was raining so I didn't really want to unleash the beast:p

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
I hate to break it to you but the TL is a family sedan... sure it can kill a bunch of coupes and all, but its main purpose is still a people mover. :D Then again, it makes it all that much cooler when the family sedan smokes the little ricers. :D

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the term "family sedan" makes me feel old. I like to think of TL's as luxury sport cars. It sounds so much better. When I think of family cars, I think of wagons and minivans:dunno:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
yeah i agree. i don't really mind people saying my car is a family car, coz' hell, i do can hold more people and they don't have to go through the front doors to get to the back, and above all i can still spank a lot of asses

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Oh man do I feel old around you guys :D I bought the TL precisely because it's a sporty family sedan. Aside from the fact that plain-jane 4-door cars (I have no exterior mods) attract less attention, I think that the TL makes a fine family car.

I guess the median age of this forum's members are a little lower than mine. I'm 30, and the wife and I are planning on our first child soon. So, a family sedan it will be!

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
daverman said:
I guess the median age of this forum's members are a little lower than mine. I'm 30, and the wife and I are planning on our first child soon. So, a family sedan it will be!
Yea, the age of the TL owners on most forums is on average probably late 20's, early 30's. That's kind of interesting since I recall someone posting on "that other TL site" information from an info packet to the Acura dealers saying the target demographic for the Type S was something like... 40 y/o's? I don't remember... but on both counts it was a lot older than the general population of the forums indicates. We're just more attached to our cars than the old fogeys I guess :D

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
daverman said:
Oh man do I feel old around you guys :D I bought the TL precisely because it's a sporty family sedan. Aside from the fact that plain-jane 4-door cars (I have no exterior mods) attract less attention, I think that the TL makes a fine family car.

You're still a kid

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
I traded my 94 3000gt base (222hp) and Honda CR-V (129hp) to get my TL. I think its a good blend of both. The CRV was a bitch merging on I-4, screamed murder, but was roomy. The 3000gt was nice n fast, but I sat kinda funky in it and was a stick, believe me I-4 stop and go gets to be ridiculous on a clutch for 15 miles. So, I sport the leather, sunroof, bose, cruise, and relax. Im real happy with my TL!

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I am starting to feel very old when I drive the TL. Im only 17, I like the looks and driving it but I hate when people think Im driving around an "old mans" car. I try to rice it up but thats not enough:(

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
badazzTL said:
Well I am starting to feel very old when I drive the TL. Im only 17, I like the looks and driving it but I hate when people think Im driving around an "old mans" car. I try to rice it up but thats not enough:(
well at lesat you are a sleeper, you can shut a lot of people up with your car :)

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
acuraTLao said:
i still like my tl, i'd rather have my car then a civic/integra/eclipse/accord or any other smaller import out there...

its like driving a mercedes S class...its a family sedan...but shoot, i'd rock that any day.
Agreed, a bad-ass family sedan!! :beerchug:

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
just becareful of the stock Eclipse. Could also be a sleeper and smoke any one of our "family sedans". I had two Eclipse's, GS-T and GSX. My GS-T smoked a Rustang Cobra SVT on the freeway at over 120mph -- stock. I loved that car, but it's gone bye, bye.

See the link: http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2413

I posted some pix toward the bottom. It didn't stand up very well to a 3 ton 1986 Chevy Blazer. The other driver was DUI. But I lived, yay!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.