Acura World banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shit guys, this really sux...I got my tires in today and I was planning on getting them mounted on my rims tommorrow...WTF happens today...My tranny feels like it is about to die...My brakes are so fucked up that it not only shakes when I brake but it sounds like a damn F16 stopping...Back to the tranny problem...When I step on the pedal not even going fast, the engine over revs every gear...Its like the engine is working harder than it has to to accelerate the car...My car was scheduled to have a new solonoid put in for the tranny because I told them about the minor slip it had shifting into second...But today is the day when it got really bad...Whats fucked up is it drives perfect then it fucks up...So I hope they are going to be able to tell something is wrong w/it...This is the 3rd time in 2 months they are working on my f.rotors...I feel like they should replace them w/new ones and im going to pitch a fit if they dont...What should I tell them about my tranny I know its about to die...Some comments would be appreciated...Shyne:king:

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Shyne said:
Shit guys, this really sux...I got my tires in today and I was planning on getting them mounted on my rims tommorrow...WTF happens today...My tranny feels like it is about to die...My brakes are so fucked up that it not only shakes when I brake but it sounds like a damn F16 stopping...Back to the tranny problem...When I step on the pedal not even going fast, the engine over revs every gear...Its like the engine is working harder than it has to to accelerate the car...My car was scheduled to have a new solonoid put in for the tranny because I told them about the minor slip it had shifting into second...But today is the day when it got really bad...Whats fucked up is it drives perfect then it fucks up...So I hope they are going to be able to tell something is wrong w/it...This is the 3rd time in 2 months they are working on my f.rotors...I feel like they should replace them w/new ones and im going to pitch a fit if they dont...What should I tell them about my tranny I know its about to die...Some comments would be appreciated...Shyne:king:
oh man, that totally sucks. Sorry bro. You need new rotors, ask escamar he got new rotors the second time. This is getting ridiculous. It's taking the joy out of buying a new car when u have to worry 24/7 about things like these. I hope everything is aight and fixed to ur standard at the dealer tomorrow...

lil raja

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Damn shyne I feel so bad for u, I was excited to see ur rims on ur ride so i know u must have been going crazy to get em on. Damn bro all i can say is i hope u get that shit fixed quick. best of luck to ya hope everything works out. BTW just get some new rotors if ur havin that much of a problem the Xdrilled rotors don't warp nearly as easily as stock. Good luck again man. peace

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
1) If your tranny is slipping in EVERY gear, be prepared for a new one.

2) A flush will never help slipping

3) Solonoid replacement hardly ever works. I've been through 2 lost trannies and I know this from my own experience only.

Slippage usualy ~= death. :(

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx for the compassionate comments guys;)...im really upset because it seems like everytime my car gets back to perfect, something else goes wrong...you all know how it is...my car is right at 32K and i noticed the slippage at about 28K...im kind of worried because what if I run out of warranty and Honda makes me pay for the tranny...i just dont think this is fair...i will most definately get the extended warranty now...on top of all this f-ed up shit, I got two tickets the other day because I was checking to see if my tranny was really slipping on the interstate...I was stepping on the gas going faster than I should have, changing lanes, etc. and then I get pulled over by a trooper...Luckily, the state trooper was cool and I explained to him about my tranny so instead of a reckless driving ticket which he wrote up first...He tore it up and gave me a "improper lane usage" ticket which I have to go to court on...the other ticket was a violation of a drivers license restriction, corrective lenses...I didn't have my contacts in because I dont wear them and my vision isn't bad at all...What bullshit, I could probably buy new x-drilled rotors for what i have to pay in tickets...anyways:rolleyes:, im jumping off a bridge:wired:...see you guys:D...Shyne:king:

·
Pimpin Aint Easy
872 Posts
yea i think i got the same slippage poblm as you shyne. not even half way to flooring it my car revs til like 3-4k. i donno if thats normal but i havent noticed it last month only this month did it start happening. i got 23500 miles on it

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
oh man this is sad :( sorry to hear that shyne. hope you can get it fixed asap :(

and btw, i am sure you got warped rotors already too.... and possibly that damaged your pads as well coz' of that squeaking sound you hear.

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
Not cool. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'd definitely invest in the xtended warranty since you're having so many problems.

I lost a ton of $$ on my last car ('97 GSX) when it started having troubles w/out warranty. :(

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Dang~~ Sorry to hear that Shyne. Another Tranny bite!!!

:mad: :mad:

I am getting nervous now.

:paronoid: :paronoid:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
i think i'm having same problem, consistent hard shifting during early gears, especially from 1st to 2nd....and i dont even floor it..i just gradually step on accelerator and it kicks into 2nd unevenly..

i test drove a saab today (no, I am not gonna buy one) but test drove it..anyways, i tested the tranny and acceleration and accelerated so much better than my TL...so i know there definitely is a problem with my tranny

unfortunately, i do not have the luxury of the factory warranty, given that i'm almost at 60k miles.

i talked to acura of seattle today, (they have been very good service people in the past)..and they said to just bring it in and they will see if they can get a good will adjustment thing for my tranny..

i wont be able to bring it in this week, but probably next week..i'll keep yall posted because i'm sure for those of you who are out of the warranty period, you're very interested.

also on a-tl.com it sure seems like theres ALOT of threads on the tranny failures..

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i talked to the acura mechanic today and told him about all the typeS trannies dying...he said that there are wayyy more TL and CL trannies that die across the board than the typeS tranny...the most obvious reason is because there are more TLp's and CLp's than typeS's...well he said they will replace the solonoid and give the whole thing a flush...but yea like you said its real hard shifts from 1st-2nd...and a slight slip going around a corner pressing the brake and reapplying gas is when you feel the slip in my tranny...just now is when its really been acting up...anyways, he said they have it noted so if my tranny dies they wont leave me blowing in the wind...and the fuckers wont give me new rotors...they said I can pay for them, but they will not replace them...acura really has to reconfigure their service departments...just wait, when my dealership sends me a comment card im hooking them up w/a big fat F...also, they will fail the acura survey as well...Shyne:king:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
did they tell u why they wouldn't replace ur rotors shyne, cause i have the same problem and as far as I know the rotors are defintaly under warrenty. My mom had the problem a little while ago on her volvo V70 and volvo replaced the rotors w/o a problem. Sorry to hear ur going through so much grabage oh well it will give u an excuse to get some X drilled rotors to go under ur chromies. peace

P.S. Hurry up w/ those damn pictures;)

·
129 Posts
Man, that sucks! I had my rotors and pads replaced at about 25K miles....much better after the replacement....I'm now at 45K miles, and I just had the rotors resurfaced and pads replaced again.....so even after replacing the rotors, it only lasts so long...then the vibration starts again! Aftermarket rotors are definitely the way to go! Good luck with your tranny problem!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Shyne said:
i know what you mean about the whole braking issue..i took it in 3 times and had the rotors resurfaced twice, so the third time they put on new rotors. But now it seems like it still shakes so i really need to pay attention to the braking..mannn i just got new rotors and if i have to take it in AGAIN!! they will definitely need to explain to me why i have to bring it back for the 4th time.

this is really pissing me off only had the car for 6 months and took it to acura 6 differnt times...WTF!!!!!!!!!

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
yeah shyne, i would elevate it to managers about the issues. there is NO way the rotors aren't covered under warranty and if this continues you can get the service don't coz' technically it affects the driving a lot.

and btw, the ultimate fix to the problem is softer pads. i believe someone said that the stock pads are too hard and that causes the most warpping

·
Registered
13 Posts
damn man that sucks..I do not even owe a TL yet but im debating if i even want to do that or not , because of the many issues that the car has..It's just sad because i really like the TLS and want to purchase one but if im going to have alot of problems with it i may just keep my current car..

leeo

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
leeo said:
damn man that sucks..I do not even owe a TL yet but im debating if i even want to do that or not , because of the many issues that the car has..It's just sad because i really like the TLS and want to purchase one but if im going to have alot of problems with it i may just keep my current car..

leeo
for the record, try not to think this way. all cars have their share of problems, even my lexus it has problems too. you don't hear news headline that says "acura TL is being heavily recalled" so that means the TL is still ok. occasional problems are always there. if you reall all the nissan, bimmer, and lexus forums out there, you wil see the same thing :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.