Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I recently purchased a '98 3.5RL and am having some problems with the radio code.

I have the code given to me by the dealer and it is the correct code but the system won't take it. I have spent hours looking through these forums and others and Google, and have found out that what I need to do is disconnect the antenna from the radio unit.

To do this I have to remove the side panels, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. There doesn't appear to be a way to remove it to access the radio. The side panel doesn't appear to come off.

HELP ME PLEASE...i need my radio and don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for the dealer to do it when I know exactly what i need to do..just now how.

If you have any idea of how to REMOVE side panels on a 98 RL and unplug the antenna, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

·
2000RL
173 Posts
I think I remember reading a post in this section a while back where someone was in the same situation you are. They found that driving into an underground or enclosed parking structure simulated disconnecting the radio antenna and they were able to get the radio to accept the code. I don't know if you are in an urban area with parking garages (or maybe around an airport) but it's worth a shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts