Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG, I am soo excited because I have been wanting them for the longest but couldn't justify the ~$1300 price tag (without installation)! But the day finally came. I just got my headers installed today at PAA. But first I would like to thank kchen for selling me his headers for a great price and taking the drive to PAA from CT. It took about 6 hours to swap my stock headers to his car and his comptech headers to my car. We killed the time by chilling and eating at the mall and I even took him and his friend to my house and a tour of northern NJ.:D

Ok back to the headers. I don't know if it is just my imagination but my car seems much faster than before, especially at triple-digit speeds. ;) I was flying down the highway and I was AMAZED!:eek: And combined that with the sound of my AEM CAI, I was definitely in heaven. Damn, now I have another excuse to get a speeding ticket.

WOOHOO!!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
what are headers supposed to do in 1/4? what about I/H/E? i know its not much:dunno:

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
badazzTL said:
what are headers supposed to do in 1/4? what about I/H/E? i know its not much:dunno:
Not much??!?! You are nuts.

Say with stock you run 14.9, with I/H/E you can be down to 14.3 easy. Thats a good amount of performance. These times are on the Type-S of course.

Too bad i never took my car to the track, but my buddy spiroh does all the time and he gets those times. But i know my car felt like a 14.3 with I/H/E, and now that its back to stock its SLOW.

Headers are well worth the price. :beerchug:
Congrats Blackshadow you will love them.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Crazy_Jizzal said:
not even a second knocked off with that much money? wtf:sqnteek:

ok:

intake: $200
headers/install: atleast $1500 *new*
exhaust:$500-700

all that for .6 secs?! so around $2200 for not even a sec is not worth it at all IMO:mad:

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
badazzTL said:

ok:

all that for .6 secs?! so around $2200 for not even a sec is not worth it at all IMO:mad:
well dont get the exhaust cuz its doesnt add anything. And you can get the headers for $1100 new. So basicly you are paying $1300 for .6 sec off the 1/4 is is alot. I think thats a deal!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Sorry, but you guys are whack if you think intake and headers will get you 0.6 in the 1/4. You're looking at 0.3 sec if you're REALLY REALLY REALLY lucky. They are SO NOT worth the money. The dynos are proof. For both headers and intake you have an insignificant gain before 5000rpm. So you get an extra 30hp from 5k-7k rpm. If you think that translates to 0.6 in the 1/4 you are living in a dream world. Ask ANY drag racer in the world. My car with headers and intake ran 14.7 in cool temps (60s) and 15.2 in hot temps (98 degrees). Sure, there are others that have run 14.3-14.5 but there are many more that have not.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
badazzTL said:

ok:

That's why I got the headers used. I would never buy the headers at the listed price! But I did buy my AEM CAI new. The exhausts I can wait on since it really doesn't do anything except have a nice rumble noise to it (trying to get it used too).:D

Plus I got the headers cause I usually race a lot on the highways around my area so it is not just for the 1/4 times.

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
GoldTypeS said:
Sorry, but you guys are whack if you think intake and headers will get you 0.6 in the 1/4. You're looking at 0.3 sec if you're REALLY REALLY REALLY lucky. They are SO NOT worth the money. The dynos are proof. For both headers and intake you have an insignificant gain before 5000rpm. So you get an extra 30hp from 5k-7k rpm. If you think that translates to 0.6 in the 1/4 you are living in a dream world. Ask ANY drag racer in the world. My car with headers and intake ran 14.7 in cool temps (60s) and 15.2 in hot temps (98 degrees). Sure, there are others that have run 14.3-14.5 but there are many more that have not.
it also depends what sea leve you are at. There are 2 CLS with I/H thats running 14.3-14.4 all the time here.

·
Registered
633 Posts
BlackShadow said:
how much did you get them for? I would buy headers used also but the price new is just out of the question.

while we're on the topic, I see DC sports makes headers for V6 Accord, will they fit on a TL? I'm sure it would be much cheaper than comptech:dunno: anyone tried?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Show off!!!! :bash:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
so does anyone know about the DC sports headers? I know where to get them for like $380. Most parts for Accords and TL's are the same so I think they might work:dunno:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.