Acura World banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not clear on the option packages for our cars from 96 to 98. When was the disc changer made an option? when was Bose put in? I have a feeling 96 was a crummy year compared to 97 or 98. (more wood trim, Bose put in)

·
Registered
192 Posts
i have a '96 and i got the CD changer...i like the stock radio and speakers. the bass sounds good enough to me...besides, constant loud music isnt good for the ears :D where is there more wood trim? in mine, i have wood only on the dash, exactly like its pictured in unx979's sig

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TLover8888 said:
i have a '96 and i got the CD changer...i like the stock radio and speakers. the bass sounds good enough to me...besides, constant loud music isnt good for the ears :D where is there more wood trim? in mine, i have wood only on the dash, exactly like its pictured in unx979's sig
some of them had stock wood trim on the little panels on your door that are flat and surround the window switch, and wood around the shifter console, where ours is black plastic.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
unx979 said:
i have the 97 and i didn't get a bose system. not that it matters with an aftermarket HU.
If your car equiped with BOSE system, does that mean you have Bose speakers instead of H/U?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
musta been 98 that got Bose.... man I love those navy blue first gens, dont see a lot of those, and I just saw one at the dealer.:boink:

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wampum said:
98's didn't have the bose system either. I think its when they made the model change they incorporated the bose sound system.
Im telling you I know there's first gens out there with Bose.... Im 99% sure... fuck!! someone post and say they have Bose so I dont feel like a fool:p

·
Registered
51 Posts
esCarbonie said:
Im telling you I know there's first gens out there with Bose.... Im 99% sure... fuck!! someone post and say they have Bose so I dont feel like a fool:p
You know, for some reason I thought the TL's had Bose stereo's in it also... I checked my 1998 3.2 TL thinking it's a Bose but it's not. I didn't see any Bose anywhere and the speakers are not Bose but some generic make.

It sounds pretty good though, it sounds better than my E39 5 series BMW w/o DSP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.