Acura World banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator?
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rolled up to a light next to a new looking 325. You know how you just get a feeling that some one wants to race? Well I played it cool. Light turns and he goes. Not spinning his tires but you could tell he was at least close to WOT by the sound. So after he does this, I clutch, put it in gear, and soft launch. I didn't go WOT till the clutch was fully out so I didn't spin the tires. Damn that car is 325 slow. I don't know if it was an auto or stick but it didn't take long to overcome his lead and fly past him. :D

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
This is no brainer.

first of all I have to say the TL-S is pretty damn fast car for a sedan. It does mid 6s 0-60, right?
Considering the best case scenerio it's a 2001 or 2002 325
regular coupes does 0-60 in 6.9 or 7.1 second. if it's auto/step add another .5 seconds to it. If it's convertible then add another 1 second to that. So given the best case scenerio the 325i conv. is about 8.1 to 8.6 range by professional driver and compared to the TL-s it's much slower. I think u just whooped him.

But if it was a 330ci or something then it would have been a different case.

u won fair and square.

LIL Raja

325ci - 185hp vs. 260hp tl-s

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
ACAC said:
Dinan5 - 309HP/344TQ vs. CLS 260HP/232TQ :D
u have no chance racing a dinan5 if it's acutally a real dinan5. The car comes stock close to 282 hp. I am surprised to see only 20 hp gain from a dinan badge. a dinan badge consists of 10 pts. one must get certain number of mods to gain it. If it is gained properly then like i said u got no chance. it should be in mid 5s 0-60 and u know ur time on the cls.

peace!
:eek:
LIL RAJA

·
Registered
26 Posts
LIL RAJA said:

u have no chance racing a dinan5 if it's acutally a real dinan5. The car comes stock close to 282 hp. I am surprised to see only 20 hp gain from a dinan badge. a dinan badge consists of 10 pts. one must get certain number of mods to gain it. If it is gained properly then like i said u got no chance. it should be in mid 5s 0-60 and u know ur time on the cls.

peace!
:eek:
LIL RAJA
I have Dinan
CAI 2 pts.
Mass Air Flow Meter 1pt
StageIV Download 2pt
Tranny Download 1pt
Dinan Stage2 Suspension 5pt
Dinan Strut Brace 1pt
Dinan Crap = 12pts.
Non Dinan 3.15 Differential
Hamann Exhaust

I think I have a "real" Dinan5. Dinan is very strict on who they give the badges out to. I had to wait like 3 freakin weeks for clarification.

Nothing left for me to mod Dinan wise except a SC...which I'm not gonna spend $12K for...I rather Dinan my X5 for that money.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
ACAC said:

I have Dinan
CAI 2 pts.
Mass Air Flow Meter 1pt
StageIV Download 2pt
Tranny Download 1pt
Dinan Stage2 Suspension 5pt
Dinan Strut Brace 1pt
Dinan Crap = 12pts.
Non Dinan 3.15 Differential
Hamann Exhaust

I think I have a "real" Dinan5. Dinan is very strict on who they give the badges out to. I had to wait like 3 freakin weeks for clarification.

Nothing left for me to mod Dinan wise except a SC...which I'm not gonna spend $12K for...I rather Dinan my X5 for that money.
ohhh sweet. u lucky bastard. i bet it's a nice car and fast 2.
my sister has a 540i sport and it's hella fast. I like it, but it needs some sways, coilovers and short shifter for beginner.
cheers. u rock with dinan5.

lil raja

·
I am no one
14,897 Posts
ACAC said:
Thanx! I live in Nova too, maybe you'll see my car around. Only 2 Dinan5 in the DC Metro.
holy shit! your car is pimp!!!! so you put on the dinan5 badge? how much did you spend on the mods on the 540? man that's freaking nice!

·
Registered
26 Posts
rominl said:

holy shit! your car is pimp!!!! so you put on the dinan5 badge? how much did you spend on the mods on the 540? man that's freaking nice!
Actually, the dealer put it on. I guess it's a free service after you spend like a million dollars and shit. The badge is actually made out of steel or aluminum...it's pretty heavy.

I don't exactly know how much I spent on Dinan alone but overall, I would say like over $15,000. I had 19 inch Hamann PG2 which cost me like $5K, and full Hamann kit and roof spoiler which I never put on. Car was too "slammed" so I couldn't put the kit on without a serious risk of bottoming out everyday and probably end up breaking the front spoiler. I would probably estimate over $8000 on Dinan + labor alone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.