Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
foot brake

does anybody else hate the foot brake on the tl...its annoying, feels like a domestic vehicle instead of an import...plus i dont think it performs as well because of the constant jerk after you take your foot off of the normal brake.

i prefer the normal handbrake rested on the center console somewhere

i like the current center console in the tl but i wish somehow a handbrake could be incorporated within there.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Actually, I like foot brake better than hand brake. Most of luxury vehicles have foot brake, like Lexus, MB, BMW's.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
well i think it's a trend that larger cars are having foot brake rather than hand brake, just like what songoku said, unless you get a stick shift. i prefer hand brake more too, mainly coz' i would be able to do more stunts with it. but in general it doesn't really matter.

however i would like to see a little redesign on the foot brake though. ours now, you press on it to engage, and press again to let go. this is not as convinient and sometimes misleading. ilike the design of the lexus gs where you press it to engage, and there is another handle to pull (on the left side of the steering wheel) to let go

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
rominl said:
however i would like to see a little redesign on the foot brake though. ours now, you press on it to engage, and press again to let go. this is not as convinient and sometimes misleading. ilike the design of the lexus gs where you press it to engage, and there is another handle to pull (on the left side of the steering wheel) to let go
I like the way on my TL better than CARAVAN!!! ;)

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
songoku said:
Actually, I like foot brake better than hand brake. Most of luxury vehicles have foot brake, like Lexus, MB, BMW's.
Save for the 7 series, all the bmw's have hand brakes. It's better for enthusiast driving. DRIFTING RULES!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.