·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
201 Posts
edgalang said:
What could make a tick-tick-tick sound from the front drivers side of the car????
My guess is that by replacing one of the coolant lines we are somewhat choking the pump.
I really hope someone with a stock intake can prove me wrong.
P.S.
Just so we are on the same page...a proper installation would consist of replacing 1 air hose and 1 coolant hose.
Nah, it's a problem...I have that same damn annoying ticking that seems to get louder the longer you sit at idle. :mad: It's not from the CAI...I got the ticking this past March and have had my CAI since June of last year. I had the dealer trouble shoot it but they couldn't figure it out. My friend and I did and we thought we had it...we had unplugged the sensor by the firewall mounted on top of the brake booster and the ticking stopped...we'll I had the dealer replace the part but the sound is still there. I'm going to have them check the valves next time I go in for an oil change. My old Miata had a similar ticking sound and it was from a valve that wasn't getting enough oil to it. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: For all CAI users...did you ever notice this when you are @ idle?

SlyTLS said:

Nah, it's a problem...I have that same damn annoying ticking that seems to get louder the longer you sit at idle. :mad: It's not from the CAI...I got the ticking this past March and have had my CAI since June of last year. I had the dealer trouble shoot it but they couldn't figure it out. My friend and I did and we thought we had it...we had unplugged the sensor by the firewall mounted on top of the brake booster and the ticking stopped...we'll I had the dealer replace the part but the sound is still there. I'm going to have them check the valves next time I go in for an oil change. My old Miata had a similar ticking sound and it was from a valve that wasn't getting enough oil to it. I'll let you know if I find anything out.
Thanks. The guys over the CL board couldnt figure it out either. I'm just glad Im not the only one.

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
could be a clogged fuel injector, bad sparkplug wire, i had similar noise w/my Eclipse. it had the same style DIS (Distributorless Ignition System). :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.