Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was a skeptic myself so I figured let me help people decide. Of course it looks much brighter and bluer in person:

4200k vs. 6000k

4200k:

6000k:

4200k front shot:

6000k front shot:

From left: 4200k, Halogen, 6000k

Thanks to Tatewaki for the pics. These were taken at our Niagara meet!

·
The Legendary
7,344 Posts
BlackShadow said:
I was a skeptic myself so I figured let me help people decide. Of course it looks much brighter and bluer in person:

4200k vs. 6000k

4200k:

6000k:

4200k front shot:

6000k front shot:

From left: 4200k, Halogen, 6000k

Thanks to Tatewaki for the pics. These were taken at our Niagara meet!

:bigok:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I believe the improvement, but I need help in the dinero region. :(

·
Allez les Bleus
21,302 Posts
Dang it, I think I am going to break down and get them. Where's the best site to go to?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
dkrift said:
Dang it, I think I am going to break down and get them. Where's the best site to go to?
try the taiwanese guy songuko went with, it's the cheapest place for either philips or osram

good job dinh, now the picture is finally complete :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Geez BlackShadow, thanks for using my bone stock TL as a comparison :D But worry no more, I just got a parcel notice in the mail today, as expected and waited for the past week! :mad: I'll be picking them up tomorrow, and they are going into my car the very same day. :beerchug:

For all those skeptics out there, the 6000k is well worth the money. I didn't expect them to really look this good. Keep in mind though, they are bluer and more purple than the pictures can show. Then of course, I think 6ktypes 6000k low beam + 6000k fog is THE king :angel: I was following him on the way back to toronto. His headlights are blinding!! It's not so much the low beam, but the fogs! MY GOSH!! I almost could drive next to him with my lights off :D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Tatewaki said:
Geez BlackShadow, thanks for using my bone stock TL as a comparison :D But worry no more, I just got a parcel notice in the mail today, as expected and waited for the past week! :mad: I'll be picking them up tomorrow, and they are going into my car the very same day. :beerchug:

For all those skeptics out there, the 6000k is well worth the money. I didn't expect them to really look this good. Keep in mind though, they are bluer and more purple than the pictures can show. Then of course, I think 6ktypes 6000k low beam + 6000k fog is THE king :angel: I was following him on the way back to toronto. His headlights are blinding!! It's not so much the low beam, but the fogs! MY GOSH!! I almost could drive next to him with my lights off :D
hey hey hey, you gotta mention my 6000k low beam + 6000k fogs too :D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tatewaki said:

I'm glad your 6000k finally came in.:D Don't forget to post pics of them on.

And this goes to prove that the D2S is brighter cause the fogs are D2S and the low beams are D2R.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
BlackShadow said:

I'm glad your 6000k finally came in.:D Don't forget to post pics of them on.

And this goes to prove that the D2S is brighter cause the fogs are D2S and the low beams are D2R.
not necessarily. it greatly depends on how the housing is designed too. different designs would yeild different beam and light pattern.

for example, i have 02 tls, and i tried to put both the d2r bulbs in the low beam and the 9006 fogs housing. if you are close to the car, you will see that the fog seems to be much brighter than the low beam. but if you are far away, the low beam wins

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rominl said:

not necessarily. it greatly depends on how the housing is designed too. different designs would yeild different beam and light pattern.

for example, i have 02 tls, and i tried to put both the d2r bulbs in the low beam and the 9006 fogs housing. if you are close to the car, you will see that the fog seems to be much brighter than the low beam. but if you are far away, the low beam wins
Thanks!

See what happens when a non-oem fogs owner try to put his two cents in.:D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
BlackShadow said:

Thanks!

See what happens when a non-oem fogs owner try to put his two cents in.:D
hahhaa, nah....... you should imagine what it's like when you are messing around with all the light settings and your gf moaning around that it's getting late and cold outside :D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
oh, but i have to agree that d2s IS brighter than the d2r when you talk about the bulbs solely. it's due to the fact that d2s doesn't have that black metal on the bulb.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
rominl said:
try the taiwanese guy songuko went with, it's the cheapest place for either philips or osram

good job dinh, now the picture is finally complete :)
Hey rominl,

What zup with misspelling!!! :sqnteek: :sqnteek: :sqnteek: :lol:

BTW, rominl's right!! If you need a set of 6000K bulbs, let me know. I'll hook ya up!!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
songoku said:

Hey rominl,

What zup with misspelling!!! :sqnteek: :sqnteek: :sqnteek: :lol:

BTW, rominl's right!! If you need a set of 6000K bulbs, let me know. I'll hook ya up!!
Paul, good catch.:D I didn't even notice that. Guess I was reading too fast.

For the record:

Binh and Songoku

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
oh shit!!!! damnit... sorry guys, i was completely out of my mind. my apology to songuko and dinh.... oh wait, songoku and binh :) sorry about that, i remember now ;)

but yeah binh, i figured you were probably talking about that ;)

and yup, songoku can hook you up with great prices

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
What's the cost?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.